Chapter 4

Before Alice knew it you both had reached the front gates of school, "Well, it was nice seeing you again." She said quietly and hurried off again not giving Theo enough time to respond. Theo stood there and watched her, wondering why she always seemed in a hurry to get away. Scrunching his eyebrows together he got lost in thought as he entered the building. 

Back inside Alice hurries to the school library, classes wouldn't be starting for over an hour so she had time to go to her little hide away. Grabbing a book off of the familiar shelves she tucked herself into a barely noticeable corner. Six chapters in and Alice glimpses at her phone to check the time, she jumps straight up. There was only five minutes before homeroom started, collecting her things she hastily ran to her classroom. Taking her seat just as the bell is about to ring, Alice sits back in relief. 

The bell rings and in walks the teacher, Mr.Knight, and right behind him is Theo. "Of course," Alice sighed, putting the pieces together that her new neighbor is also her new classmate. "Alright settle in everyone, I have a few announcements," the morning chattered died down. Having the classes full attention he continued, "We have a new student joining our class today." Theo smiled at the class and Alice thought she heard several girls squeal. Theo's eyes land on you and his smile widens.

Mr.Knight kept talking as if he hadn't head the excitement from his students, "Theodore you can sit over there in front of Alice. Speaking of, welcome back, I'm glad to see you're well enough to join us again." Alice bends her head down trying to create a shield with her hair as everyone turns to not only watch Theo walk to his seat, but now to stare at her. She tugs at cuffs on her sleeves, wanting to nothing more than for Mr.Knight to get on with his announcements. 

Her teacher waits for Theo to take his seat before telling the class about the morning updates, "if anyone has any questions you can talk to me after the bell or anytime later today." Mr.Knight seemed to have finished but right as students were about to dive back into their conversations he said, "Oh and Alice, I know its been some time since you've been here but since you share the same schedule you'll be showing Theodore around." She let out a sigh and gave her teacher a nod. Theo had turned around in his chair as happy as ever.

"Looks like we get to know each other better," Alice stared at him trying to think of anyway to get out of it. Nothing came to mind though.