Shopping Kart

"Class, we're going on a field trip," Four announced. The class started chattering and clamoring at the exciting news.

"Where are we going, Four?" Pen asked.

"To the supermarket."

Everyone immediately groaned. "Really?" "The supermarket?" "I hate boring field trips!" "Oh, come on!"

"HEY!" Four raised his voice to make everyone quiet down. "Trust me. I think you'll like it when we get there. Now get on the bus."

The class trudged out of the school and into the bus, where Two was waiting at the wheel. "Hi, guys! Are you excited to go on another field trip?"

"No," they all droned.

"Amazing! Let's go!" Two started the bus and waved to Four and X as he left the school.

"Why are we going to the supermarket?" Flower groaned.

"Yeah!" Lightning crossed his arms. "The supermarket's boring!"

"Oh, you'll see." Two grinned mischievously as he turned a corner. "Say, Donut!"

"Yeah?" he answered.

"How's your family doing?"

"Um...fine. Why are you asking?"

"Good, good, that's good. Is anyone, say, going on vacation?"

"Well, my mom's away on a business trip, and my brother's out of town."

"Good, good. Do you know when they'll be back?"

"My mom's coming back in two weeks, but my brother should be coming back today."

Two grinned wider as he stared at Donut in the mirror. Donut suddenly gasped. "...No way."

"Oh, yes, Donut. Your brother's back in town."

"NO WAY!"

"Yup. And guess what? He contacted me and told us that he wants all of you sixty-four students for his next video."

"OH, MY BAKERY!" Donut jumped up from his seat and nearly smashed his head through the roof. "WHOO!"

"Video?" Taco cocked her head to the side in confusion. "Donut, what's going on?"

"My brother Yeast is back in town! And he wants US for a video!"

Everyone gasped. "DrYeast5000?!"

"That's right! He's gotta be making a video at the supermarket, and I hope it's a challenge! Because if it is, then, whoo, buddy, one of us is bringing home bacon to-NIGHT!"

Everyone yelled and cheered. "AAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!" "This is amazing!" "Oh, my gosh!" "Whoo!" "I can't believe it!"

"I knew you'd be excited," Two smirked. He pulled into the supermarket parking lot and opened the bus door. "Now go win yourselves some money, kids!" The students immediately stampeded out the door and raced to the supermarket double doors. As it automatically opened, they found that the supermarket was nearly completely cleared. The shelves were, for the most part, gone. The registers were no more. The floor was clean as a whistle. A giant herd of shopping carts stood in the middle of the store, as well as a giant spinner. And right next to it was Yeast and his cameraman.

"DR. YEAST!" They all immediately sprinted over to him and pulled out markers, clothes, cards, phones, anything to get an autograph or picture with him. Yeast turned around and gave a gleeful laugh.

"Hey, guys! Glad to see you could make it! Hey, where's my brother?"

Donut leaped out in front of the crowd. "Yeast! You're back in town!"