25. the dinner party 2.0

^bryn's outfit for the dinner party
s2e3: every mother's son

Brynley and Elijah walked into the courtyard of Mikaelson compound the next morning to see a table of breakfast food.

"Hmm. Well, then, I guess we have Elijah to thank?" Hayley turned to the original.

"This wasn't my doing..." Elijah shook his head and looked at his beloved. "Bryn?"

"You and I both know I suck at cooking." Brynley mumbled and grabbed a waffle.

"Then, where did this all come from?" Hayley asked as one of the silver platters began to rattle. Klaus leaned over and lifted up the lid, releasing two starling birds.

"What the hell was that?" Brynley questioned and saw the invitation on the platter.

Dinner, Your Home, 8PM

"An invitation from our mother."

"It is times like this I'm really glad I never knew my mother." Hayley sighed.

"We have enough enemies here. And now, the war for our home is to be fought against my own family." Klaus rolled his eyes.

"Your wretched mother and her disciples tried to put a carving knife through our baby's heart. I will happily add to the body count." Hayley offered.

"You will do no such thing. Esther's a master in the art of possession. We know whose body she currently inhabits. We must decipher her intentions before she finds a new host." Elijah explained.

"Well, her last invitation was an assassination attempt on all her children. I think we can assume her intentions are decidedly foul." Klaus shrugged.

"Well, then. We have this afternoon to prepare for the worst." Elijah checked his watch.

"Yay, dinner party!" Brynley clapped and her and Elijah walked out of the room.

"Bryn-" Elijah began.

"Bryn, sweetheart, you're not going, I'm trying to protect you, blah, blah." Brynley quoted and Elijah smirked at her. "I'm going, it'll be fun."

-

Brynley and Elijah walked into Marcel's loft across the river to find Marcel and his new vampire, Gia.

"I wondered when you'd show up. Your pupil's waiting. it's not like you to shirk your responsibilities." Marcel stood up.

"Your pupil?" Brynley questioned her boyfriend and Elijah gestured to the vampire. "Oh."

"As you well know, she is not my... burden to bear. You turned her, you teach her." Elijah shrugged.

"Why'd you come?" Marcel asked.

"I'm looking for a cooperative witch." Elijah said.

"I don't know where Davina is, and given the fact that she's got your father on a leash, I wouldn't put her in the, uh, "cooperative" category-" Marcel rambled.

"Not Davina." Brynley interrupted.

"Perhaps another witch? On another leash?" Elijah questioned.

"What makes you think I got another witch?" Marcel crossed his arms.

"Perhaps the daylight ring on your new librarian?" Elijah pointed at Gia, who did indeed have a daylight ring.

"Good point! My memory's a little shaky. Lucky for you, though, I know someone who can help! Gia?" Marcel called and the vampire walked over. "Why don't you take Elijah to meet our friend Lenore?"