03. swear to me

s1e4: girl in new orleans

"What's the meeting for?" Chase asked Bryn as he, her, and Elle flew into the Council building with their wings.

"Sending a search party." Brynley answered while they landed on the grounds and their wings disappeared.

"That's crazy." Elle shook her head.

"I've thought this through," Brynley promised and turned to the Guard, who sat in front of the three fairies. "Okay, so we all know about the recent fairy spotting in the Quarter. I know we all want to hide out here, but Elijah is still missing, which I'm still in danger. I just need a couple of you to go out and start searching for him."

"We can do that." The Captain of the Guard spoke up.

"Thank you. I just have one rule," Brynley continued. "No wings or wands. You do magic with your hands, and only if it's absolutely necessary."

"There's a festival tonight, it's better for them to go out at that time." Elle whispered to Brynley and she sent her a smile.

"Wait till dark to start sending people out." Brynley spoke to the crowd. "There's a festival tonight, so it'll be easier to blend in more."

"Also, avoid Marcel and his vampires at all cost." Chase added and Brynley nodded.

"And as weird as it sounds, make sure you cast a spell diluting the smell of our blood," Brynley reminded. "Vamps can smell fairy blood from a mile away."

Brynley, Chase, and Elle walked out of the room and back down to the town.

"Elijah has been undaggered, I can feel it." Brynley said to the two fairies.

"How do you know?" Elle asked.

"My nose is not bleeding, my chest doesn't hurt." Brynley shrugged. "I don't get it, if he's undaggered, he should be back by now. Unless that witch did something to him."

-

Brynley and Rebekah walked into the church together and saw a priest cleaning up.

"Church is closed. If you want your horror fix, go take a ghost tour." The priest said.

"We don't much care for ghosts. I am, however, fascinated by window shutters. I've been on a town tour of them all day. I noticed the windows of your attic have shutters." Rebekah smiled.

"Are you really interested in shutters?" The priest asked.

"I can assure you it's our current life obsession" Bryn confirmed. "What's your name?"

"Father Kieran." He introduced himself. "And you are?"

"Mildly curious." Rebekah answered and the blonde and the brunette noticed a red stain on the wall. "What happened here?"

"St. Ann's used to be the heart of the neighborhood. It's been abandoned for a while now... since the night of the massacre." Kieran sighed. "Nine seminary students were killed... by one of their own. You're standing on blood."

Brynley looked down to see she what indeed standing in a dry blood. "Oh, I'm gonna be sick."

"We're not squeamish." Rebekah smirked.

"Speak for yourself." Brynley mumbled. "Where's the attic?"

"Like I said, the church is closed." Kieran repeated.

"Where is the attic?" Rebekah compelled him.

"Past the sacristy, up the stairs." Kieran answered.

"Thank you. Now, forget we were here." Rebekah continued to compel him and the two walked upstairs. Rebekah opened the attic door and both of them smiled when they saw the familiar surrounds. "I knew it!"

Brynley smiled before the two tried to enter the room, but couldn't. "What the hell?"

All of sudden, their surrounds changed and they were in the old Mikaelson compound. Brynley was dressed in her normal clothes but Rebekah was in a outfit from the 19th century.

"I gotta admit, Bex, not exactly your best look." Brynley joked and Rebekah rolled her eyes.

"What the bloody hell?" Rebekah whispered.

"Rebekah, language, please!" Brynley immediately turned around at the sound of her soulmate's voice.

"Elijah!" Brynley smiled and she and Rebekah ran towards him. Rebekah got there first of course, giving her brother a quick hug. Elijah pulled Brynley into his arms and kissed her. Brynley smiled into the kiss before pulling away.

"Hello, my love." Elijah whispered and Brynley smiled.

"What is all this?" Rebekah asked.

"You don't remember? We went to the opera house together. It was your first full day back into New Orleans' society after Klaus removed the dagger from you." Elijah reminded.

"I watched this in a dream." Brynley mumbled and Elijah nodded.

"It's a memory that only you and I share, and Bryn, you've seen it. Also, I need you to know it's not another of Davina's tricks." Elijah assured them.

"How are you even awake?" Brynley questioned and Elijah wrapped an arm around her.

"Davina removed the dagger, unaware that doing so even once would negate the dagger's power. In a few hours, I shall be as good as new." Elijah smirked.

"So, pop me into the attic and we can find a way to get you out!" Rebekah said before pointing at Brynley. "Because this one is falling apart without you."

"I am not!" Brynley denied and Elijah smirked at her.

"I hope you can survive a little longer my darling, because I'm afraid I'm not quite ready to leave yet." Elijah sighed and Brynley looked at him. "This girl, Davina, she's... curious. Willful, too. Soon, I shall be able to speak to her, perhaps to even propose a truce of some kind. So, if we can end this war between the vampires and the witches, we'll be able to eliminate the threat to Hayley and her baby. Perhaps then Niklaus and our entire family can finally know peace."

"About that..." Bryn said and Elijah turned to her. "The war between the vampires and the witches is not all you have to worry about."

"The witches and the fairies, I'm guessing?" Rebekah rolled her eyes.

"For the record, the witches are the ones that still hate us and can't move on from a war that happened 100 years ago. My people want peace, they want to come out of hiding and expect me as Monarch to be able to negotiate a deal with the vampires and the witches." Brynley explained and Elijah smiled at her slightly, proud that she was finally taking charge with the fairies. "But we're not a threat to the baby, so I think we can table it for now."

"In the meantime, I need you two to look after Hayley. She is our family now, so I need her and her unborn child to fall underneath our protection." Elijah requested and looked at Brynley, whispering to her. "I love you."

Elijah sent Brynley back to reality before she could say the three words back.

"I need you to watch out for Brynley as well." Elijah turned to Rebekah, both of them still in the Elijah-created world.

"Elijah, the girl can look after herself." Rebekah reminded.

"Swear to me, Rebekah." Elijah said and sent her back to reality.