24. grab the garlic bread

s1e2: alive and kicking

Elijah and Brynley walked into the Mikaelson compound to see a puddle of blood. There continued to be a trail of blood that the couple followed until it led to a dead woman's body in the bathroom where Hayley was taking a bath. Another dead body was propped against the tub.

"Wow." Brynley looked at the bodies. "Gross."

"Come to check up on me?" Hayley questioned.

"You've had an eventful evening." Elijah replied.

"I was having a crappy day, so Klaus took me out to the Cauldron. Wouldn't you know, we ran into some witches!" Hayley smirked.

"So, would you like me to remove your leftovers?" Elijah offered as Brynley tossed Hayley a towel. The werewolf wrapping it around her body.

"Oh, don't judge! What I did is no worse than anything Klaus has ever done." Hayley yelled.

"Great, you're setting yourself to Klaus standards." Brynley mumbled.

"I'm a hybrid now, and I have a werewolf temper to go with my new appetite. And the witches who tried to kill my baby are worth nothing more than food. Excuse me." Hayley walked past the couple.

Brynley and Elijah walked into the courtyard where Klaus sat.

"You took her on a witch hunt?" Elijah asked.

"Really?" Brynley crossed her arms.

"I simply wanted to persuade those witches to locate the white oak stake for me. When they proved unable to do so, I let Hayley have her fun." Klaus shrugged.

"She grows more savage by the day! Can you not see that she is falling apart?" Elijah pointed out.

"Klaus, she is going to break." Brynley said.

"Perhaps the problem is your high standards? Hayley is one of us now. Being a vampire only exaggerates what you truly are, and wolves are wild things." Klaus reminded.

"We are trying to help her, and I asked you to help her, brother." Elijah replied.

"I am helping! You should have seen her last night! Covered in witches' blood and smiling from ear to ear! She is embracing this. A little less criticism from you, and Hayley will be just fine." Klaus promised.

"She deserves better than that after everything she's been through, Klaus!" Brynley exclaimed.

"You'll take her to the Bayou. Find any remaining wolves. Perhaps her people can reach her. Now, more than ever, she needs a connection to something, some of her humanity, some degree of dignity." Elijah demanded.

-

Brynley walked out of Audubon after having a meeting with the Council and the Cabinet.

"The werewolves still won't leave us alone," Elle told Brynley as the two walked out of the society. "Having those moonlight rings really got to their heads."

"Well then, it's a good thing they don't have them anymore." Brynley informed and Elle smiled before looking down at her phone. "Elijah's calling me, I'll see you later."

Brynley walked away from Elle and through Audubon Park. "Hey."

"Would you like to go out for lunch?" Elijah offered.

"Are you actually asking or is this secretly business?" Brynley questioned.

"Business." Elijah said reluctantly and let out a sigh. "But it's still lunch, and it's my treat."