Chapter 6- Found Lie and Plans

“There is no record of your family.” He said flatly.

            My hopes went down. It’s like someone dropped a boulder on me. My family is probably dead. Why do I even care? They left me to rot. Even with that fact, I still was curious about them. Why did they leave me? I think it is time I found out and for me to do some snooping.

            “Sorry Ron.” He looked down and left my room.

            Seph looked more upset then me. Why? Anyways, how am I supposed to get into Thanatos’s office? Sephtis will never open the office door to let me snoop or give me his ID card to go by myself. Besides, he would just tell me he had not found anything when he went into Thanatos’s office. The only way is to borrow his ID card. How was I supposed to do that? He always has his ID card on him. If I just hug him and take it, he would notice. I need him not to pay attention. I need him of his guard. I would just bump into him and take it without him noticing. I only have one chance at doing this if. If he notices, I would never find out about my family.

            I would have to wait till dark to get into Thanatos’s office. He is in their all day except at night. For the time being, I will just go to the tactics room. I went to the shooting range and did a few rounds. After, I went to the punching bags and then did some knife throwing. Then I beat someone up on the mat for thinking they could beat me up. I spent my whole day in the tactics room. No mission today I guess. I walked to my room looking around for Sephtis.

            “Hey Ron. Just wanted to tell you, you have a mission tomorrow. It’s another party.”

            I spoke, or thought to soon. Well, there was no mission today so I was technically right.

            “I’ll see you in the morning.”

            “Wait. If it’s another one of those fancy parties then why are we going in the morning?”

            “Long drive.”

            “Great. A long drive while blindfolded.”

            “I can take off the blindfold when we are almost there.”

            “Thanks.”

            “Night Ron.” Sephtis started walking and I bumped into him. I snatched the ID card from him.

            “Oh, sorry.”

            “That’s ok.” He kept walking and I kept waking to my room along with his ID card.

            I have to wait until everyone is asleep and has gone off to their rooms. After an hour, I got out of my room and listened if anyone was up or walking around with my super hearing. So far, I did not hear anyone walking or anyone that is awake. All I heard were the snores of the agents.

            Before sliding the ID card and entering I made sure no one was around or inside with my increased hearing. Arriving at Thanatos’s office, I slid the ID card and entered the premises. I looked left and right just to make sure and tiptoed to his desk. Searching around on his computer, I found a file for all the agents. I opened it and found all the agents names with a file on them. Scrolling through all the names, I found mine and clicked on it. It pulled up a file on me and started reading through it. The next thing I knew my jaw dropped.

            It says that I have a brother and sister. What put my hopes down was finding my mother had died. However, what I did not understand was it saying my father had been turned into a Drone. What is that? What is a Drone? Wait! That means my father is alive! I also have a brother and sister! What happened to them? Did they die with my mom? My happiness for my father being alive soon turned into confusion for the rest of my family.