Chapter 2- Interrupted

I tip toed to the kitchen with my knife in hand. I put my back against the wall. Then something happened that I did not expect. There was a knock on the door. How did I not put that in mind? I rushed back to the couch with my super speed. Enar gave me the ice and answered the door. With my hearing, I heard his footsteps go outside the door, but then I heard a whoosh sound.

"That's funny, no one is there."

"Can you get me water?"

"Sure." Enar went back into the kitchen.

I got ready to get up and continue my mission. I went back to the wall then I went to the kitchen. "Hey you know I—" Enar started to speak but as he started to turn around, I got pulled out of the house with incredible speed. Speed like mine. How is that possible? We came to a stop and I saw a guy right in front of me. We were behind the house. He grabs my earpiece.

"Hey!" he puts his finger on my mouth to shush me.

"Stay quiet," he throws the earpiece in the bushes.

"Who are you? How can you go that fast?"

"I'm here to save you...and that guy from you."

"What do you mean to save me? I don't need to be saved."

"I'm—" he stopped as soon as I heard a car coming. Did he hear it too? I need to get out of here. I kicked my knee where it hurts and pushed him out of my way. I ran to the front of the house. Sephtis was in the car. I super speeded to it opening the door and getting in.

"Drive." As soon as we got to a red light and out of that district, Sephtis follows protocol and blindfolds me.

"What happened?" He breaks the silence, "I asked you if you finished the mission on your earpiece but you didn't answer. I figured something went wrong."

"I failed the mission," I say abruptly.

He laughs then looks at me. He sees that I wasn't joking. "You what?" Seph sounded dumbfounded. He should be because— "you never fail a mission," he says.

"I know."

"What happened?"

"Nothing. What do we do now? Do I have to go back there?"

"No. We will send someone else." The rest of the car ride was quiet until Seph broke the ice again, "There must have been a reason for you to fail this mission. It was not a hard one."

"Just give it a break Sephtis!"

I did not want to tell him because he is going to have to tell Thanatos. I want to know the answers first. If I give the information to Than then I will never get my answers. Arriving at the base, Seph untied the blindfold. I was back in the weapons room. Usually I would clean my knife if I had used it on the mission but not today. All because of that idiot, I failed my mission. I NEVER fail a mission. If things like this keep happening, Thanatos will have my head! I pull out my gun that is tucked under my shirt and take out my knife from my boot and put them in my locker. So much for having fun.

"Let's take you to Thanatos's office." We walk to his office and find him drinking tea on his luxurious couch.

"Theron. Another successful mission?"

I keep a straight face, "No sir." Thanatos looks shocked for a moment but returns to his regal posture.

"I see. What happened for you not to complete this mission?"

"He kept insisting to get help and I didn't have the right time to kill him."

"You couldn't just snap his neck?"

"He would not turn around." I did not know what else to say and I know that was a poor excuse.

"Since when do you wait for your victim to turn around?" He puts the tea cup down on the coffee table in front of him, "you haven't waited before," Thanatos stands up and walks over to me. He is standing so close, "Are you telling the truth?" He stares at me coldly.

"Yes," I say straightly with no emotion.

He backs away, "Alright. Send someone else tomorrow Sephtis."

"Yes sir."

"Oh and before you leave Theron, I just wanted to tell you, you have another mission tomorrow. Come here in the afternoon. Don't fail this one."

I leave the office with Sephtis following me, "You know you don't have to follow me."

"I know. I'm just making sure our best agent is okay."

"If I was not Than's best agent, none of you would even care about me."

"That's not true."

"Okay then, take out my freak abilities. Would Than care then? I definitely know Thanatos wouldn't. How 'bout you? Would you think he would care?" Sephtis does not answer.

I just slam the door in frustration. I brushed my teeth, fixed my hair, and change out of the rags I was wearing to the plain black tank top and pajama pants. I climbed on top of my bed and under the covers. I started to think about what happened today. Who was he? Is he like me? Why did he say he was trying to save me? It did not make any sense what so ever. 

====================================================================

Authors Note:

Hey guys! How are you doing? Enjoy the book? Did you like the second chapter? Its more mysterious right? I wonder who that guy was.... Keep reading to find out! Mwahahahahahahahaha. I know, I'm evil like that. I am so evil you guys have to wait for the next chapter. Mwahahahaha *thunder clashes* *lights go out* *shrieks*. Who turned off the lights! Turn it back on! Turn it back on!! *Lights come back on*. Phew. Auhhhhhh.... I wasn't sacred. Nope.

VOTE

FOLLOW

COMMENT