41.

Zuria

Watching as Mitch and Dr. Soapy walked back into the room together, my nerves were all over the place.

"What's up, baby?" Mitch spoke before sitting down.

"Hi." I spoke softly with a smile as he place his arm around the head of the chair, directly behind me.

"You good?" He asked as I sat there tense. I didn't even respond, I'd simply nodded my head yes.

Which was a complete lie.

"Alright, so we have some things to get through before the end of our session today." Dr. Soapy spoke, looking down at his watch and then his notes.

As he did, I could feel Mitch's eyes on me. He was staring directly at the side of my face and I couldn't take his gaze. It was like he was trying to read me.

"Okay. So the both of you have secrets that need to be shared to one another in order for the both of you to heal properly." Dr. Soapy, making me look over to Mitch who still had his eyes on me.

I didn't know he had any secrets and I was definitely interested in hearing them now.

"Which one of you would like to go first?" Dr. Soapy asked, breaking us away from our gaze.

"I'a go first." Mitch spoke up and I listened closely, waiting for him to spill his secrets.

"Aight." He sighed, looking at me.

Turning his body toward me, he grabbed my hands while looking me in my eyes. I sat there nervously as I tried my hardest not to think the worse but I had to admit that's exactly what I was expecting

"Aight so remember that day i came over and we had sex for the first time, baby?" He asked and I nodded slowly.

"Aight.." He said again, trailing off.

"I did that shit because I wasn't tryna let you leave me. I figured if I took your virginity, you wouldn't leave." He expressed and I sat there in shock.

"What?" I furrowed my eyebrows, pulling my hands away from him.

"I apologize, ma." He went onto say and I scoffed, turning away from him and looked at Dr. Soapy whose face remained calm and mellow.

"I can't believe you, Mitch." I shook my head, feeling completely betrayed.

Here I was thinking that we did it for the sake of love but the whole time it was simply for his own selfish reasons.

"That's fucked up, Mitch. I can't believe you would do that to me. You want to be in control of me that bad?" I scoffed, shaking my head.

"Look, baby. I know I fucked up but I was a young dumb nigga. I ain't realize what I was doing then would have so much of an effect on us today. I wasn't thinking, you feel me?" He asked but I was completely disregarding his words now.

Here I was feeling bad about an abortion but the entire reason I'd even gotten pregnant was because of something we really didn't even have to do. He was simply being selfish and wanting to take control of me. Which he obviously succeeded in.

"You're so selfish." I shook my head, not even looking at him now.

"I was, ma." He kept agreeing which was making me even more mad.

"Mitch, tell Zuria the rest of your truth." Dr. Soapy spoke and I watched as Mitch nodded.

"Oh there's more?" I couldn't help but to scoff, shaking my head.

"What else?" I asked, finally looking at him again while he sat there with a dumb ass look on his face.

"Huh?!"

"What else, Mitch?" I went on, becoming even more angry as I watched him sit there as if he wasn't the cause of all of this shit.

Years ago or not. He's the reason we are all fucked up and sitting in therapy. Me, him and Marley.

"Look, baby. I don't want to upset you, I just want to make this shit right, aight? That's what we here for." He shrugged, looking me in my eyes and I sighed deeply, pushing my hair out of my face.

"Just tell me, Mitch." I went onto say, calmer this time.

"Aight, look."

"The first time I fuc-"

"The first time I hit it.." He trailed off, correcting himself.

"It was my plan to take your virginity and get you pregnant." He said and my heart dropped.

"What?" I shrieked.

I was not expecting those words to leave his mouth.

"What the hell did you just say, Mitch?" I asked, feeling tears brewing in my eyelids.

If I hadn't blamed him before, I was completely blaming him now. Everything was his fault. The abortion, the cheating, Marley. He was the cause of this all.

"I can't believe you." I shook my head in disgust as I slowly stood to my feet.

"Baby, just listen to me." He pleaded, grabbing my wrist but I'd roughly snatched away.

"Don't touch me." I spat as tears poured down my face.

"I hate you for this. I hate you for everything you do and everything you did to me."

"Why me?" I asked, just wanting to know now.

"Why did you choose me to hurt? I was 18!" I screamed.

"I basically lost my entire childhood to you and the pain you put me through!"

"The humiliation!" I screamed out, telling him exactly how I felt with no regrets.

"You didn't deserve me." I spoke quieter as I shook my head, looking from him to Dr. Soapy who sat there, watching my reaction to this bullshit with his fist resting under his chin.

"How do you feel about her words, Mitchell? Does does her reaction change your perspective on some things?" He went onto ask as Mitch sat there, hunched over, looking down at the floor now.

"Nah, I feel like what she's sayin' is true. I fucked up so she got the right to feel that way, you know?" He shrugged, looking up while I stood there looking down at him.

I was beyond pissed and ready to go.

"Alright. We only have a few more minutes so I think it would be a good time for you, Zuria, to explain your side of this story." Dr. Soapy suggested and I scoffed, shrugging my shoulder. I no longer felt fear about telling him what I'd done, considering everything he had just exposed to me about himself.

He was an evil person back then and what I'd did could never be as bad as what he'd done. I reserved every right to do what I did.

"Well your plan succeeded, Mitch." I told him, making him look up at me.

"I was pregnant and I got an abortion." I told him before completely walking out of the room.

*