16.

Zuria
Next day

You used to be the one to talk to on the side. Waiting for my love to break up.

It's crazy how your ass can walk through every night. Acting like you been a player.

That grass ain't greener on the other side

Oh yeah

That grass ain't greener on the other side

Oh yeah.

I sang my heart out listening to music as I begin to pack my bags in this hotel room. It'd been three long days without Mitch and honestly after playing my role and talking to a few of my friends about this, I'd came to the conclusion that I should've never listened to my mother. I did not want to be without him. I took these days to myself and each day I missed him immensely. Not just his presence but the way he tried to love me.

I missed his trying.

Scrolling my call log, I tried to find his name to see if I had any missed calls but of course I didn't. It was if he was no longer trying. Or maybe he was actually giving me the space I'd asked for.

Whatever it was I wanted it to end, I was ready to see him and finally tell him about this stupid kiss so that we could try to move passed it. It was time.

After getting all of my bags packed, I decided to text him and let him know that I was ready to talk. After I'd sent the text, I grabbed my bags and made my way down to check out.

*
Half hour later

Looking down at my phone, I saw that Mitch responded to my message and I honestly couldn't be happier. He didn't say much but he said enough, simply telling me to come home and that was all that I needed to hear.

It didn't take me long to get there, I'd sped home once he sent that text. I was so ready to drop this bomb and get it over with. Simply because I knew we'd be able to move passed it. After long thought, If I could forgive him, it was most certain he could forgive me.

Considering I didn't even kiss the man, he was the one who kissed me. I just wouldn't tell him who it was and prayed that none of his friends would either. I didn't need him getting arrested again.

Pulling up into the driveway, I parked behind his truck and cut the engine. Slowly getting out of the car, I made my way to the front door and let myself in with my key.

"Babe." I called as the alarm went off and I dropped my bag at the foyer.

It was completely quiet in the house and I was confused, considering I saw his car outside.

"Babe." I called again as I walked further in and I saw him sitting on the couch in the living room.

"Hey." I smiled small as he filled the air with smoke from the blunt he was smoking.

"Where's Marley?" I asked as his low eyes slowly looked over to me and I stood there confused why he wasn't talking.

"Hm?" I asked again but still he said nothing.

"What's wrong?" I asked, considering his energy in the message he'd sent a few minutes ago was completely different.

Saying nothing, I watched as a smirk appeared on his face and he bit his bottom lip.

"Com'ere." His deep voice spoke and I slowly walked over to him with a smile.

When I did, he pulled me into his lap and I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"What's the attitude? You knew I was coming back home to you." I smiled small, looking into his low eyes but he didn't crack a smile. He simply looked at me with dead eyes now and I was becoming confused with these mood swings.

"And since when do you get on Instagram?" I asked considering he'd like majority of the things I'd posted and I was taking a lot of shit with that stuff.

But again, that was simply because of the way I was feeling and the role I was playing. I didn't mean any of it and I was here to clear it all up now.

"Are we going to talk or you want to keep up this little attitude?" I asked as he licked his lips then cleared his throat before putting his blunt out.

He held onto me in his lap so that I wouldn't fall as I kept my arms around his neck, taking in his signature scent that I loved so much.

"Ugh, I missed you." I said to him as I rolled my eyes, laying my head on his shoulder but still he said nothing.

"Did you miss me?" I asked, pulling back to look into his eyes once he sat back but again he just looked at me.

"Mitch." I called, becoming fed up with his silence.

I now knew he had to still be upset and I honestly just wanted to get passed all of this. I was ready for us to be on good terms again.

"So I guess you're not going to talk to me and I have to make it up, right?" I asked, flirting with my eyes as he sat there with a blank expression.

I couldn't even read the look on his face but I decided I would anyway. Simply because I loved him.

Wining my hips in his lap, my hands trailed down as I tried to put them into his pants but he'd quickly grabbed them, not allowing me to.

Furrowing my eyebrows, I looked at him wondering what was wrong. He never denied me. Never.

"Baby-" I started but stopped once he placed his hands around my neck and squeezed as hard as he could.

"Babe." I whined as my eyes bulged out of my head, quickly realizing this was not a love choke, this was anger.

Not even able to speak, I gasped for air as I clawed at his hands and the look on his face was deadly. He had no remorse, he was trying to kill me.

Trying to get off of him so that he would get him off of me, I slammed my body down into the couch but he continued choking me with a blank look on his face.

It didn't take long for me to become woozy as I began to except what was happening. Seconds later, all I saw was darkness.

*