I quietly looked behind the corner to see what was happening. My father snatched the embroidery hoop out of my mother's hands and he tossed it to the floor. My mother sat up in her chair in worry.

"You should stop that drinking out there so you don't come home and our son has to see you be like this."

My father scoffed and took a big drink out of the brown bottle in his hand. When he finished, he smashed it against the wall next to my mother's head making her scream out of fear.

He grabs my mother by her dress collar, "If I didn't come home all the time to an ill-mannered son and an ugly worthless bitch I wouldn't be out drinking so much!"

"Jason stop this!" My mother begged before he pulled her out of the rocking chair and threw her to the floor.

He approached her and kicked her in the stomach making her yell in pain. She begged him to stop but my father continued angrily kicking her. My own anger rose within me as I couldn't stand the sight anymore. I dropped the bundle of string and I ran over to them.

"Leave mother alone!!!" I yelled at my father and pulled him away from her.

Once away, I bent down next to my mother and got in front of her to protect her. I glared at my father and he returned the glare back at me. He pulled out a crumpled up piece of paper from his pants pocket and he unfolded it and showed it to me.

"You! Boy! You did this to me didn't you!!"

It was a wanted ad with his face and a reward underneath. He's right, I did do it. I knew my father was a bad man. I couldn't just sit back and watch and keep everything he does a secret. He hurts mother and I, he drinks, he gambles, he deals in illegal trade, I couldn't take it anymore. I told on him and they investigated him for a while, now, he's our town's most wanted and he's to be hanged for his crimes.

"Serves you right, you bastard!! Go turn yourself in or else I will!!"

My father crumples up the wanted ad and throws it to the floor. He marches up to me and grabs me by my shirt.

"How could you do that to your own father, boy?! You want me to die?! Do ya?!"

"You're not my father anymore." I spat in his face and he punches me across the face in response.

He throws me to the ground and makes his way to the front door.

"I'll never turn myself in and I'll never let you turn me either. You both have my word."

He opens the door and slams it shut, shaking the wall and making the picture frames fall and crash to the floor. I get up and quickly help my mother sit up.

(A/n; okay! Safe!~)

"Mother!! Are you alright?!"

"Yes, son. I'm alright. Thank you, back there."

I helped her stand back up and I gave her a confident smile, "Mother...I won't let him get away this time. I promise I'm gonna bring him to justice, for us, for you."