14 - Chapter Fourteen - Emerson Bennett's Point Of View.

It had been days since I heard from Maddox, He didn't return any of my phone calls or texts. I just assumed he was really busy. I sat by my phone just waiting for him to message me. I was worried, but I didn't think anything of it because everyone was acting normal. Cade stopped by bringing my mother more flowers. He really was laying it on thick.

"Hey, Cade. Take me to work with you."

"Maddox isn't there."

"Huh! Where is he?"

"He took personal time off."

"Take me with you anyways? I have nothing better to do."

"Fine, I might be able to teach you something cool or illegal, or both."

"Cade Bennett don't you dare teach my son---"

"Our son And im only teaching him real-world business."

They didn't argue about it, instead, my mother just kept her mouth closed. Cade looked mildly surprised she didn't chew him a new asshole.

"Let's go."

He didn't have to tell me twice. I was out beside his SUV in mere moments. He didn't Get in or even unlock the car.

"Hey Emerson, You have a driver's license?"

"Yes, full license."

"Why don't you have a car."

"I did. I wreaked it."

"How?"

"Thunderstorm."

"Want to drive."

"Eh, Why not."

I walked around the other side of the SUV and took the keys from him. It had been a few weeks, over a month since I drove the last time, but his SUV was pretty similar to my mother's so I could drive this. Starting the car I put into reverse and backed out of the driveway before putting it back in drive. Cade was watching me pretty intently as I drove. Taking a quick detour I went to grab myself a cup of frozen coffee. It was my addiction but I hated walking there, so this was the perfect chance. After my treat had been attained Cade gave me directions to the complex or Maddox's mob house. When we got to the gate they glared at me intently until they saw Cade, then they waved us through.

"Thank god for them seeing you."

"They don't know you."

"I got that."

"Park there."

Cade said pointing to an empty spot in the yard. Jackson Chance wasn't that far away from us polishing a really sharp looking sports car. I hated to admit both that car and the one Maddox had were sleek and amazing. I wanted to drive it at least once. Cade looked at me and back at the car. I turned the key shutting the SUV off.

"I see the way you look at that car, Why don't you ask for one, or at least ask Maddox to drive it."

"Why don't you just buy me one, call it nineteen years of presents."

"Not happening, I don't even have one."

We got out of the car and Jackson nodded at Cade before waving at me. Well, Cade and Jackson talked about what I assumed was work I looked over the car. It was pretty similar to the one Maddox took me in.  It was like Jackson read my mind.

"This one is a year newer, just picked it up, fresh off the lot."

"Fucking fancy."

"Want to drive it? It had a full tank."