The King of Omashu pt.2

KAIAS POV:

"Off with their heads! One for each head of cabbage!" The cabbage man demanded. A little too crazy for reason though. I leaned over to Rize next to me and muttered,

"He does know that we destroyed about 70 cabbages, there's only five of us. Sheesh, someone failed math." Rize sniggered at my joke but didn't respond, seeing as were being held in front of the king.

"Silence! Only the king can pass down judgement. What is your judgement Sire?" The guard asked. The king was silent and stared at us, looking on the edge of crazy.

"Throw them...a feast!"

Say what?

I looked around and saw everyone just as surprised and confused as how I felt.

"Huh?" Aang asked, completely baffled. I don't blame him, I wasn't expecting that either.

The king didn't say anything else and walked away, leaving the guards to untie us. The cabbage man was escorted out of the palace absolutely seething. I guess cabbages don't get justice here. As soon as we were let go, Ara jumped onto my shoulder and nuzzled into my cheek. She wasn't so happy that her and I got separated so forcefully. I scratched her chin and kissed her head to appease the sweet lemur. We were all led out to a dining room, that was flooded with servants to set the enormous table. None of us said anything but just looked at each other mildly scared. I mean, come on, we basically terrorized a few people on accident, and destroyed a cart of a mans precious green babies. It's not so common to throw vandals a feast. Ara refuses to leave me, whereas Momo decided that food was his top priority. We sat down and apprehensively started eating, except for Aang though. I leaned over and tapped his arm.

"Hey Aang? Are you alright? You haven't touched anything yet." The monk just gave me a small smile and patted my hand. He was just about to let go, but I grabbed his hand and held it under the table. He looked in surprise at my actions, all I did was wink at him.

"Heheh! The people in my city have gotten fat from too many feasts, so I hope you like your chicken with no skin." The crazy king said randomly. I looked down at the skinless chicken in front of me, just staring at it.

'Well at least they seasoned it.'

"Thanks but I don't eat meat." Aang replies politely. Peering at the king, I saw a glint of recognition. As soon as it came, the familiar glance thrown at Aang morphed into one of mischief. He leaned over and gave a drumstick to Sokka, saying that he looks like he likes meat. Sokkas reply was him stuffing his face with the offered chicken.

"Is it just me or is this guys crown a little crooked?" Katara asked, leaning over to us both while using the cookoo hand motion. Snorting a tiny bit, I nodded and went back to my food, watching everything unfold.

His majesty asked where Aang came from, who oh so smartly said Kangaroo Island. Aang shouldn't have lied seeing as the king looks old enough to know what air nomads appeared to be. The man has to be at least 100 years old. I hear Sokka losing his shit, screaming and flailing his body everywhere at the old kings pun.

"Well, all of these good jokes are making me tired. Guess it's time to hit the hay." He yawned. We didn't find anything suspicious, but we should have. He then threw a chicken leg towards Aang, who stopped it with air bending. He looks up in surprise and the guards around us releasing shocked gasps.

"There's am air bender in our presence! And not just any air bender, the Avatar!" The king stood, and Aang stopped his wind holding up the chicken, letting it fall. I guess he tried to make it seem like nothing happened. It didn't really work out in his favor though.