The King of Omashu pt.1

Kaia's POV:

"Wait you had a rock stuck up your nose for HOW long?" I ask, giggling to the stories Rize is telling me from his childhood. Apparently when he was a new bender he ended up lodging a rock in his nose and couldn't get it out.

"Three months! Every time I inhaled all I smelled was dirt. I don't know why I didn't just bend it out of my face." He said while using dramatic hand gestures to get his point across.

Aang said that we were close to our destination so Sokka flew Appa pretty low. Looking down we saw the ground covered in some snow. Soon enough we touched down and I dragged my sister to make snow angels. We flopped on the ground laughing at ourselves, starting a small snowball fight.

"The Earth Kingdom city of Omashu!" Aang shouted with his out arms wide, announcing the very large city.

"Wow, I wonder if they even use their warriors, that wall is enough defense." I point out to Sokka who just nods in agreement, too amazed to speak.

We were about to start a longer than preferred walk to the giant walls. We started talking about disguises since Rize is the only normal looking one. Water tribe and air nomad clothes aren't that common around here. Aang took a bunch of Appas fur to make a beard and a wild looking wig. I went to go behind a tree to change into my Earth Kingdom clothes. It was a dark green tight crop top, with somewhat poofy but sheer sleeves that cuffed at my wrists. It had a lighter partially see through green vest over it too. So you can still see my skin peeking through the fabric. The top paired with a white linen baggy pant that also cuffed at my ankles. To complete the look, I took out my double braids, opting for a double half up-half down. I also added some dark green wrist cuffs with a gold Earth Kingdom insignia. I stepped out from where I changed and saw that my siblings didn't change into anything else. Aang decided that the fur was enough.

'Funny, he's vegetarian and he's wearing animal fur. If anyone else didn't know about his life style, they'd think he's a hypocrite.'

The weirdest thing happened when I walked out. I just got stared at by Aang and Rize. My siblings were watching them and whispering to each other. I just shrugged it off and put my water tribe clothes in Appas saddle. I heard a cough behind me, sounding a little too forced. I turn to face a blushing Aang who's trying to look at anywhere but me.

"Erm, don't you think that your shirt is a little too...exposing? Most of your stomach is on display." He asked flustered.

'Excuse him? Did he just say that to me?' Taken aback, I look at him like he asked the dumbest thing. Well he kinda did, but still.

"Uh, no? I think I look fine?" I ask, sounding borderline offended.

"Yeah Aang she looks fine!" Rize said, coming up behind me. He smiled down at me and bumped me with his shoulder. With an eye roll to the boys I just walked over to Katara, who complimented me on the outfit.

"Ohh, this is so itchy! How do you live in this stuff?" Aang complained to Appa about the fur.

"Great! Now you look just like our grandfather!" Sokka said to the overly hairy kid.

"I mean Sokka, he is a 114 year old man." I say in a sarcastic manor. He just snorts at my statement.

"Now lets get to skippin' young whippersnappers! The big city awaits!" Aang says, taking on his old man persona, using his staff as a walking cane.

What seems like 22 days later, we're finally close to the end of the access road. About 5 days ago my feet started to blister so I made Rize give me a piggy back ride. Oddly enough Aang kept looking back at us with a weird look. Oh well, not my problem. We weren't too far from the gates when Aang started talking.

"You guys are gonna love Omashu, the people here are the friendliest in the world." He gushed.

"Rotten cabbages! What kind of slum do you think this is?!" A large Earth Kingdom guard shouted at a merchant, who soon enough launches the cart into the abyss below.

"Yikes, poor cabbage man." I whisper into Rize's ear, him snorting at my remark.

"Are your feet fine to walk on now? I think it would be awkward if we talked to a guard with you latched onto my back." He explained. I didn't want to but he's right. He gently let me down, but linked his arm into mine, elbows locked together.

"State your business!" The crabby guard yelled to Aang, who got into the mans face a little too fast.

"My business is my business, young man, and none of yours! I've got half a mind to bend you over my knee and paddle your backside!" He exclaimed. Rize and I slapped our hands to our mouths trying not to die laughing.

"Settle down old timer, just tell me who you are." He said a lot more calmly. Guess he doesn't appreciate the paddle.

"The names Bonzu Pippinpadaloxicopolis the Third, and these are my grandkids and their friends." Aang said gesturing to my siblings then Rize and I.
"Hi, June Pippinpadaloxicopolis, nice time meet you." Katara introduced herself politely.

"Tiké Wongsman, and my fiancée Ashra Yukimo." Rize pipped in. Going with the act, I grabbed his hand and waved at the guard who just dipped his head at us.

Little did I know, Aang was glaring daggers into Rize's head.

"You seem like a responsible young lady. See that your grandfather stays out of trouble. Enjoy Omashu!" The guard pointed to Katara.

"We will!" We all said simultaneously, beginning to walk forward.

The guard stopped us by grabbing Sokkas shoulder, yelling that he should be holding his grandfathers bag. Aang following up, throwing his bag at Sokka. We walked in amazed at the buildings and several chutes in the city. Aang explained to us that the chutes run all over the city, acting as their delivery system. Aang said something about the chutes being used for something better, adding a mischievous grin. Next thing I know I'm being shoved in the back clutching to Rize's vest. The cart we're in is plummeting down the slide. Me and everyone, excluding Aang are all screaming. The air bender who got us in this mess looks like he's having a blast. I turn around from hearing a weird noise, turns out it was another cart with a bunch of spears ready to impale us all.

"Aang! Look out! Shit!" I scream, getting slightly knicked with the spear. We all duck down to avoid becoming a new exotic delicacy.

"I'm on it! I'm on it!" He yelled back to me. He ended up taking us completely off track, crashing some warrior lessons, bending us back on our original path.

"Dear Spirits! AANG, USE YOUR BENDING!" I shouted to Aang, who thought it was used better to go faster for fun.

'Dear Spirits please help us get out of here. I'm too young to die. I believe I'm a good enough person to not die from my friends wicked version of fun.' I desperately prayed, hands together and looking up into the sky.

We ended up crashing into the cabbage merchant from earlier, or more like crashed into his precious leafy greens.

"My cabbages! You're gonna pay for this!" Screamed the merchant. We were then surrounded by three Omashu guards.

"Hehe...two cabbages please." Aang said, thinking it would get us all out from any more trouble. Oh how wrong he was.

——————————————————-
Hey guys! So sorry for the late and short update. My friends grandma, who was like my own, passed away recently. We're doing fine. I just went over to hers to spend some time with their family. I started writing this portion last night but got so tired I couldn't even finish. Just know that I love y'all! I'll also probably start writing part two tonight:)

(EDITED: I also totally forgot about Ara so I'll definitely be adding her in more often!)