What's a soulmate?

The cold wind harshly blew on Chuuya's side, causing him to whimper. The moon's refection is visible from the Ginger's point of view. The beautiful blue moon looks disorted in a far away puddle​ of blood.

It never should have been this way. He should be home right now, sipping a cold glass of wine while talking to Dazai.

'Speaking of, where is he? He messaged me that he will come as soon as possible. It have been already half an hour.'

Words cross his mind, trying to focus himself away to other things.

Chuuya started to cough blood, showing his worsening state. He tried to sit up but every inch of his energy is drained from him. The only thing that he can do is force his eyes to open while waiting for him.

He just need to wait a little longer.

Eyelids closing, he can hear a faint rushing of footsteps and faint calling of his name.

His body went limp as he tried to look at the voice's direction.

.
.
.

' Is this all a dream?'

'So what now? Am I already dead?'

' I can't be dead. I still need to see his face'

'His? Who it is I mean?'

A warm sensation came from Chuuya's chest. What is this feeling?

Chuuya remembers something. Something specific. Like, what exactly? It is not a name for as long as he remembers.

'soulmates'

But who? And what exactly? What is a soul mate? It is just a person. Right? A soul mate. What is so special about them? I only heard them on movies.

A person that loves you?

Someone once said that a soul mate is someone you can depend on, like a friend or a lover.

I heard some people talking about their soulmates like a lover. Boyfriend Girlfriend thing.

I once knew a child who called his playmate "soulmate".

But what is it really? Heh. I guess that I will never actually know since I'm dead.

Well. It do not hurt to guess, right?

For me, a soul mate is like a friend. Yes. A Friend. Maybe even more. How about best friends? Probably. A person who you can depend on. Someone who knows you even more than yourself. Someone who made you a better person.

Maybe they didn't actually made you a better person because the only one who can do that is yourself. They just inspire you to be better.

A soulmate is someone that, you can be together and you can carry on forever. Not even bothering to worry if they would leave you because you trust them.

It's the only person who..... Knew your flaws but still accepted you. He knows it but still love you for who you are.

They believed in you before everyone else did. Or no one else could. They believed in you even you are losing hope to yourself. The believed at everything that you can do.

No matter happens, you'll always love them.

Heh. Nothing can ever change that.