1.

Summer holidays had just ended and the new year at Hogwarts was going to start tomorrow

Summer holidays had just ended and the new year at Hogwarts was going to start tomorrow. I packed my trunk and got ready as if I was leaving at this very moment. I was really excited, not only because I'll meet my friends after a long break but because I got to choose the new subjects this year. I know this wasn't really that exciting but to me, it was a huge deal.

My name is y/n Wood. I have jet black hair and deep brown eyes. I am of medium height and have an oval face. I wouldn't consider myself as the prettiest person in the world but I did look decent.

I am the younger sister of the gryffindor quidditch team's keeper and soon-to-be captain. He is well-known in school, well-known for only caring about quidditch and nothing else. If marrying quidditch was a thing, he'd do it delightfully.

While me,I am known in school too, but for the wierd interests I have. I am curious and want to seek for adventure everywhere I go, but people always found that wierd.

I am a proud Slytherin. It was a big shock for my parents when they found out I was sorted into Slytherin. They even wrote a letter to Dumbledore asking him to "repair" his sorting hat. Oliver and I, both found these actions extremely amusing but I won't deny how strange it was, no one, even in the farthest connections of my family, was ever a Slytherin.

I have two friends in school and they are only of the few people who really know me and appreciate me. I am known as the "bold one" by them, and how they always thought I belonged in the same house as my brother but I never thought that way.

One of them was Olivia Rose, the Hufflepuff prankster. She has dark blue eyes filled with mischief and light brown hair which look as smooth as silk. I met her on the Hogwarts train on my very first day. Since then, I have accompanied her to every prank she sets up. She never lets anything be boring and is always charged up with energy.

The other one is Diana Green, the smartest Slytherin. She has platinum blond hair and green eyes with a tinch of yellow. She would do anything to get the best grades on her tests. Anything below grade A is not acceptable for her. I met her in the common room in my first ever week at Hogwarts, doing her homework. Ever since, she always helps me with academic related work and is the best person to call for advice.

I miss these idiots and I've been longing to meet them.

×××××
I reach the King's Cross Station just before the train is about to leave. I hear Oliver shout sarcastically,"Bye y/n.See you next summer break!" as he joins his group of friends. I get into the train and take a look at every compartment looking for my friends.

It's been almost 20 minutes since the train has left the station and I couldn't find the compartment my friends were in. I give up and decide to take the empty compartment nearby. As soon as I get in, I realise someone's already in there. Being the lazy person I am, I decide not to look for another empty compartment but to ask if I could sit there.

I see that Marcus Flint is the person sitting. The Slytherin Quidditch Captain,big-time-cheat and a person who was in a great need of getting his teeth fixed. Even though how much I hated this cheat, I asked politely, "Do you mind if I sit here?"

He gives me a cold stare for a minute or two and finally replies, "Okay." To my surprise, he wasn't as bad as I thought. He knew alot about Quidditch and I could talk to him for hours. He would give those mean looks once in a while but I guess that was how he is.

In the middle of a conversation, he interrogated, "Your brother is in love Quidditch. Isn't he? You must be good too. We are in a great need of a beater this year. Why don't you try out?"

I had never thought that I would be a fit for the Quidditch team but it might be interesting to try out. Who knows, I might be the next Gwenog Jones.

The train has reached Hogwarts, I stand up, look at Flint and smile, "Thankyou, I will consider trying out." I try to find Olivia and Diana but all I could think was of having a spot in quidditch team. It could have been interesting.

Distracted by my thoughts, I somehow don't notice where I am heading to and bump into someone....

****
a/n:- oKaie i tRiEd