Fatimah and other people around casted their eyes on fuming Adeelah.

"What did you score?" Fatimah asked after she had finished assessing her own. She got only one out of ten correctly. She wasn't disturbed however because she didn't like the course.

The whole class was loud as everyone checked their script. The highest score was four out of ten. Almost everyone failed woefully.

"I failed all and I am going to his office." She replied putting back her bag on the desk.

Adeelah had never scored zero even when she was young. She wasn't among those that would grow up to tell their kids that they were always coming first in their class but she wasn't a dumb student too.

It seemed like the biochemistry lecturer was challenging her. He just didn't know who and what she was capable of doing obviously.

"Adeelah..." She heard someone calling her. She looked at Fatimah and then left Fatimah's sight to the extreme end of the class where their class representative sat together with his friends.

As she thought, he was going through his script with both of his brows almost touching each edge emanating that he was deep in thought.

Adeelah knew everyone would let their failure slide because of the fear of the lecturer. Truth was, she couldn't let that go.

Like she couldn't imagine she scored zero. And the lecturer even drew ears and eyes on the zero.

She looked at the paper again and noticed that instead of his signature below the zero, he wrote something.

Donkey head fellow.

Mad. It made her anger rose.

"Sorry to disturb you Safwan," she said tapping the class rep's desk.

"Malama Adeelah," he grinned widely at her. Despite her anger, she stretched her lips to a faux smile.

"Which number is the biochemistry lecturer's office?" She went straight to the point.

She watched as Safwan gasped playfully at her. She knew what he was thinking. Everyone was foreseeing the danger of visiting Malam Hassan for her but she proved to be blind to them.

Allah knows she won't feel good for the rest of the semester if she didn't see Malam Hassan.

Safwan knew Adeelah since the day he came to collect his admission letter. He could remember when they sat in queue waiting for their turn. When their turn reached, the man in charge said he was closing for the day. They all had to leave after being in queue for more than an hour.

Adeelah didn't leave. She allowed the man to finish talking before she knocked at his office and entered together with Safwan whom she sought to escort her. Safwan didn't know what she wanted to do then, she just told him that she knew the man.

Once in and seated, she cleared her voice and told the man she wanted to collect her admission letter. He said they were closed but she refused to leave quoting that it was wrong to do that. She stayed for so long before the man got tired and gave her the letter with a laughter adding that she was just being naïve. Safwan was given too.

From there Safwan had an incline on which type of lady Adeelah was. Now he won't even try to persuade her.

"Office number 9."

"Thanks." She breezed out straight to the office.

_________

He swirled on his rotating chair in the office. The office was smelling nice with air freshner. It was chilly and serene-ful all thanks to the ac and drawn curtains. A soft knock came on the door of his office.

He divertef his attention from his laptop and looked at the door.

"Yes," he said, adjusting his spectacle.

Adeelah pushed the door and came in. The office was small but enough to contain a desk, a drawer, a fridge and a television by a corner.

Malam Hassan smirked. "I know you will come." The way he talked made Adeelah's intestine to twist. She suddenly felt her courage flying away. She started regretting coming alone.

"Sit." He showed her the chair opposite him. Adeelah sat down being alerted.

"Sir you failed me whilst I did everything correctly." She tried to be polite.

"Oh wow. Let me see." She placed the paper on his desk.

"I did everything right. Why did you fail me?"

"Because I wish." He replied.

"You wish because of cruelty?" She asked.

The lecturer looked at her sharply. She was a very beautiful lady with attracting plump lips.

"Well," he stood up and reached for the door.

Adeelah eqaullay stood up but he was faster than her as he raced too and locked it.

"You will never pass this course Miss Adeelah." He added.

That minute, Adeelah's palm started to sweat and her legs started becoming weak.

"I will surprise you." She replied.

"Your efforts are going to be in vain." He unlocked the door. She heaved a sigh. She didn't know why he locked the door though.

"If you're ready to pass, you can come again. I have a class now." He glanced at his wrist watch and at Adeelah. He carried his marker and laptop.

Adeelah rushed out without another word.

****

Okayyyy... I have finally updated for the sake of some people. Zainabu and Khadijatu😂🙌 not because of the votes. Please leave a comment.

Due to the fact that I have started my other books, I will fix a schedule on when I will be updating.

I will be updating this book on every Wednesday and Saturday in sha Allah. Unless something comes up.

Check out my new books:

Reemah's delusion and Beneath a stained heart.