Harboured Feelings & Secrets Revealing

Start from the beginning

Charlie wasn't surprised to see his trunk of clothes and Ludo's cage already stationed in the room on a spare cot — his grandfather had sent them, o course. The little German Shepard perked up as he saw his owner enter the room, causing the boy to walk over and let him out of his cage. Instantly, the dog began to run around happily.

"So," Charlie said curiously as he sat down on his cot when Harry, Ron, and Ginny entered the room after him, "What have I missed?"

The four of them spent a good hour catching up on things that have happened in the period where they hadn't seen one another.

Harry had came to visit the Weasley's at the beginning of the summer, and him and Ron haven't been doing much besides playing pranks on Fred and George, ignoring Percy, and talking about Quidditch — both of them couldn't wait for the World Cup. As for Ginny, she hadn't been doing much either, besides joining her brothers in their conversations about Quidditch or helping her mother around the house.

When it came for Charlie to share his summer experiences, he really didn't have much to say. He spent a lot of time with Hagrid, as expected. Other than that he practiced some spells, taught Ludo some new tricks, spent quality time with his grandfather, and wrote some letters —

"Letters, huh?" Ginny said with an amused smile. "Written to Hermione lately?"

The brown eyed boy gulped at the mention of the bushy haired girl's name

The brown eyed boy gulped at the mention of the bushy haired girl's name. Ron had looked at him with a curious expression, wondering what Ginny was insinuating, while Harry had already began to laugh slightly.

"Not recently," Charlie furrowed his brows in Ginny's direction. "Why? She say something to you?"

"Oh, she said a few things," Ginny smiled mischievously, as if she knew more than he did — which apparently, she did.

"Wait, what?" Ron said, utterly lost. "What's going on with you and Hermione?"

Ginny's eyes widened, "You don't know? I mean, it's obvious, isn't it?"

Charlie rolled his eyes at the younger witch before answering Ron, "Nothing, I don't know what your sister is on about."

"You are so full of —"

"Ginny." Harry breathed out, trying his hardest to muffle a laugh. "Don't spoil the fun. Let them be oblivious."

The ginger haired girl laughed slightly as Charlie shot a glare in Harry's direction. Then, without further mention of Hermione, Ginny got up, smirked at Charlie once more, and left the room.

Ron watched his sister leave, absolutely dumbfounded, "What the bloody hell was that all about?"

"Don't worry about it." Charlie said instantly, wishing to move on from focusing on his and Hermione's relationship. Harry simply laughed at Ron's obliviousness.

The truth was, Charlie and Hermione had significantly talked less over this summer than they ever had before. Both of them obviously harboured feelings for one another, but were unaware of how to express themselves. They would write to each other, but their letters were very bland and awkward.