76: The Aftermath

Start from the beginning

Nina's eyes went wide seeing her friends all the way from Washington Heights. From the looks of each other, none of them had any sleep that night. "You guys!" she yelled bringing herself forward and easily being engulfed by the embrace of her friends.

Leah, Joel, and Johann had found themselves crying and so did Nina. If she were being honest with herself, she thought that she was never going to see them again. And if her friends were being just as honest, they were thinking about the same thing.

"What are you guys doing here?" Nina sniffed wiping away her tears with her wrist. As their group pulled away from one another, the three of them took one long look at their friend. They could only ever imagine what kind of hell she went through being locked up in her tia's estate.

"We were on a video call with V when Sad Eyes called her," Leah admitted and Nina's eyes widened realizing how they could've easily dragged into the mess that went down earlier that day.

"But we'll explain everything later. You guys should get some proper food and rest," Joel suggested as he offered a small smile. Johann mimicked his actions not really knowing what else to do especially with what Nina and her family had gone through.

"You guys coming in or what?" Brian walked out and was relieved to see Nina and Oscar standing there. "Oh thank God you guys are okay," he breathed before walking over to them. Nina and Oscar stood as Brian engulfed them in a hug, they hugged him back too.

"Thank you for taking care of them," Nina muttered against Brian.

"I'd do anything to keep them safe. I'd do anything for you and your family, Nina," Brian hummed and even more security began to sink into Nina. And Oscar had to be honest, Brian was probably the only white guy he actually knew and liked. That Andrew dude that Victoria used to date... not so much.

"C'mon," Brian sighed pulling away. "You guys look like you need food, a shower, and some sleep."

"Well I don't really have a reason to say no to those. Not like I would," Oscar stifled a chuckle as Nina nodded in agreement.

They all went into the house to be greeted by the smell of fresh breakfast. Nina was happy that she didn't need to be spoon fed anymore while Oscar was just happy that he finally got some proper food when he'd only been given water for the past three days. There was one time where Hammel offered him oatmeal and Oscar hated the fact that he had to be spoon fed too.

Bella had gotten so big now, it had been awhile since Nina paid any attention to her. She was relived knowing when that shoot out happened back in Freeridge, Bella was alone in Brian's house. Nina loved the fact that Bella was acting like a cat resting my her feet while everyone was eating. And Bella was eating too.

"I was on video call with the three of them when Sad Eyes called me about the plan on rescuing you two," Victoria explained setting down her cup of coffee. "I panicked and I ended the call with them. Leah kept calling me but I wasn't picking up-"

"Until I called Gabriel. I forced him to tell me what the hell was going on. I called up the boys they said they were in. I told V we were coming. Got on the plane, got off the plane, took a Lyft to Freeridge, went through the plan hopped in a van and well....," Leah shrugged taking a sip of her coffee this time.

"We got here before V left," Johann continued. "And I don't know if it'll make you feel any better or worse but we really wanted to go with her," he added as Nina found herself growing silent.

"We know what was likely gonna happen, Nina. Call it out in the heat of the moment, but we really were willing to go with V and come get you. As messed up as it sounds, we wanted to be there," Leah added on.