69: Turns Out I'm 100%

Start from the beginning

In that moment, Oscar walked back in the house and locked the door behind him. "I started without you," Nina said raising her glass. Oscar only nodded as he went into Nina's room to change into a pair of sweatpants. Nina was definitely starting to get tipsy now. Was he always this good in gray?

Oscar walks over to her and she hands him the glass of alcohol as she pours herself her fifth glass. He downs the drink tasting the warm and bitter liquid that left a subtle burning sensation in his mouth and down his throat. 

"How are you feeling?" he asked placing the glass down next to her. Nina just shrugged as Oscar positioned Nina in between his arms.

"You know, I think I've done all the thinking. I can't help but think of the cons of what could happen if I can't accept her offer," she found herself saying. "Like what other pros are there if I finally become a Santo?" she asked fiddling with the drink in her hands.

"You get to be my boss," Oscar pointed out and Nina just snorted bitterly. "I mean I definitely know more stuff than you about the business but with you being an heir to the Santos puts you in a higher rank than me. You'd be beneath Cuchillos but you'd definitely be my boss," he said trying to look into her eyes.

"Oh but you'd like that don't you," Nina joked swirling the brown liquid in her glass.

Oscar shrugged jokingly. "I don't mind you calling some of the shots."

"You're not actually seriously considering those things are you?" Nina finally looked at him. "You know I can't handle what you guys do. Just because I can aim and shoot like that or the fact that I was forced to beat up two men doesn't mean I can actually stomach the shit that goes down in the Santos," she explained.

Little did he know that Nina was still trying to process what the fuck she did back in the Warehouse. She had to admit that she got a little cocky with her shooting but fighting like that? It was like she was stuck in Berto's bodega again, she thought that if she didn't fight back she'd end up in a hospital bed again. 

She had been taking lessons since she was little but never in her life did she think that she was capable of doing something like this. Had her parents put her through this kind of training to achieve this level of skill? And it was all for what exactly?

"I know, mamas. I know," he agreed placing his hands on her waist. Nina opened up her legs a little for him to get closer and Oscar swore he saw her panties. Now was not the time to be thinking about these things. Especially when he couldn't get over seeing her in control like that earlier.

Nina sighed. "There's no getting out of this is there?"

No, Oscar wanted to say because he knew that the both of them were stuck with this. He knew that if Nina said yes that would be throwing the rest of her life away. That would be throwing away her future only to be under the control of her tía all her life. If she refused once more he knew Cuchillos was going to rain hell on her and her family.

"We have 72 hours to figure out what to do next," Oscar said instead but the look Nina gave him only made him understand that she was in so much stress. Nina didn't know what to do. The least she could think of was telling Victoria and getting her and the twins out of here while they still could.

"What are you thinking about?" Oscar asked noticing Nina getting into a daze.

"Victoria. The twins. Probably me not being able to see them again if shit goes down no matter what I say to Cuchillos," Nina frowned before downing her drink. The bitterness and warmth was unsettling but it had to do.

"If it's any worth to you, I think you should do what you can to leave them out of this for awhile. Just until we know what we're dealing with," Oscar said in agreement and Nina's heart grew a little heavy. It was for the best.