68: Lady Spooky

En başından başla

"It's good see that you're well now, Nina," Cortez nodded as Nina balled her hands into fists. Nina trusted this man. Her parents trusted this man with their lives. The more this day went on the more she only felt more betrayed.

Suddenly, Nina feels a hand on her balled fist. She looks over to Oscar who was also wearing a strong expression but his reminded her to calm down. She couldn't afford to be slipping in front of Cuchillos, that also goes for those closest to her on her team.

"Took you two long enough. For a moment I thought you guys were hooking up in there," Stacey joked eyeing their hands together. She felt bitter seeing them together as it reminded her of her relationship with Ricardo back in the day. 

If she were being honest, she never saw this coming. She had never expected that her own niece would get together with the leader of the Santos and it surprised her how in love the two of them were.

"Spooky, did you prep the warehouse?" Stacey turned to Oscar and all Oscar did was nod. "Alright, mejor nos vamos," she sighed gathering her things and stood up.

Oscar furrowed his eyebrows. "We're bringing Nina?" he asked clutching holding on to her hand even more.

"Well if she's going to become a Santo she's still has somethings to prove to me and to the rest of your boys and girls. Doesn't she?" Stacey said walking up to the two of them. She turned to Nina and handed her the pictures and the letter from awhile ago. "Would you like to keep these?"

Nina's eyes fell towards the papers and pictures Cuchillos was holding. There was a stinging feeling in her chest as a part of her wanted nothing to do with them but she needed keep what she can if she was still looking for answers. With a sigh, she takes the pictures and the letter from Stacey and places them in her purse.

"Spooky, I hope you don't mind but Nina will be riding with me to the Warehouse," Stacey said as she slips her hand in between them to put Nina in her hold. Oscar had to remain composed as he suddenly felt so over protective of her.

"Oh relax, I'm not gonna do anything to anything to her. She's an asset, why would I compromise an asset?" Stacey pointed out as she began to play with Nina's hair. Nina felt awkward and creeped out with her doing that but her and Oscar understood what she meant. She wasn't going to do anything to Nina as long as she would get what she wanted.

"If you love her so much then you gotta understand that Nina has to be her own woman," Stacey continued looking back at Oscar. "But if it worries you so much then you can ride right behind my car. Would that be okay?" she suggested as Oscar just hung his head but Cuchillos understood.

"Good. Let's get going then, shall we?"

-

Even though Oscar was assured that Nina was just in the car in front of him, little did they know that they had to put a bag over her head for the sake of all the secrecy. Nina kept her breathing in check but the anxiety all seemed so overwhelming as she sat in between two heavily set men. She had to rely on the fact that Oscar was in the car behind them and that was it. But not a moment later they made it to the warehouse.

They removed the bag over her head and she instantly felt like gasping for air. As Stacey got out of the car first. "You okay, mija?" Stacey asked looking at Nina who was still trying to calm down.

"Y-yea," Nina stammered taking deep breaths as she did so. Cortez held a hand out to her as an offering of an assistance but Nina refused as she stepped out of the car herself. When Oscar saw her, he felt a sense of relief wash over him seeing that she was okay. But he kept a stoic expression as Cuchillos walked over to him.