"I'm sorry," Nina said on impulse causing Oscar to sigh. "I'm sorry, I can't help it, especially with what happened. I just feel guilty," she admits in a whisper and Oscar's expression softens.

"You shouldn't be feeling guilty for keeping yourself alive. For wanting to stay alive," Oscar assures. "And, again, you don't gotta go through this shit alone. I got you, Nina. I always will. I'm gonna be here for you every step of the way. If you gotta talk to someone about what happened then you have my support. In anything."

He runs his thumb over her hand. As he searches for her eyes, he couldn't help but notice that she was a little bit absent. He couldn't blame her for that.

"You have me, my love, I mean it. I'm here for you," he assured her once more. "I'll be here to remind you to take your meds, help you along with any physical therapy, help you eat, and even help you get dressed. You're own personal Nurse Diaz."

Nina bit back the snort but Oscar caught on and he couldn't help chuckle himself. "You're probably gonna get sick of me but I'm gonna be a whole new level of clingy and sweet as long as you want. No matter what you need, I got you," he smiled softly at her prompting Nina to look into his eyes.

She smiles softly at him. She notices how tired he looked but he looked more relaxed seeing that they were here together right that moment. "Thank you, amor. Te quiero. Te quiero mucho," she hummed holding on to his wrist once more.

"Yo también te quiero," he nodded with a smile placing a kiss on Nina's forehead.

"Guys?" the two of them turned to Victoria who was at the door. "Guys, I'm really sorry to interrupt but Captain Cortez is here along with his detectives. They wondered if they could talk to you alone. They just want your statement on what happened," she said pointing to the cops who were a few feet away from her.

"Can't they wait?" Oscar groaned a little. He just finished a crying session with his 'fiancé' and all he wanted was for him to be alone with her a little longer. And Nina wasn't exactly okay.

"They said it would only take a second," Victoria added with a shrug. She didn't want to disrupt their time together but she knew how this would go.

"It's okay, babe. It'll be quick," Nina assured Oscar. "Go play with the twins or talk to my friends. I'll be fine."

Oscar sighed. "Okay. I'll be outside if you need me."

"Thank you, papi," Nina smiled a little. The nickname she had used made him blush a little. He had a small smirk on his lips before leaning over to place another kiss on her lips.

Just as Oscar walks out the door he comes in contact with the cops that Victoria was talking about. They were dressed in smart casual attire and displaying their badges hanging on their chests. He walks past them and finds the rest of Nina's family as Captain Cortez and his associates walk in Nina's room. As promised they were alone as Victoria had followed Oscar to be with her family as well.

"Hello, Nina," Cortez greeted with a nod. "How are you feeling?"

"Hey Captain Cortez, a little tired and emotional but I'm good," she forced wiping her eyes. No doubt she looked like a mess again and she was in desperate need of a shower. She wanted to go home but she knew she couldn't. She was going to be stuck in this hospital for awhile. "I thought you were the Captain of the 21st precinct in downtown LA?"

Captain Cortez smiled. "I got transferred over a month ago. When I heard about what happened to you, I knew I just had to see and get to it to myself. I got my best detectives to get down to it. Anything for Arturo and Carmen's kid."