Then she would hear him sing and suddenly everything felt like she was back in high school falling in love with her best friend.

"You know, I'm perfectly fine working here tomorrow," Nina said as she continued to put the bottles on the shelf.

"Nina, you're being given the opportunity to take a leave on your birthday. Take it," Tony paused to turn to her. "I mean, don't you have any plans for tomorrow?"

"A dinner, a drink, and a movie. Call me the happiest person on earth," Nina smiled making Tony snort at her.

"You are the most boring person I have ever met."

"Well you dated this boring ass so deal with it, Rosario."

Tony blushed a little as Nina called him by his last name. He appreciated how much they had become so casual over the past few days. Especially since Nina seemed to be so cross with him ever since he came to Freeridge.

Moments later they had finished up with the box. The day was slow and not many people came into the store today. With the added help from Tony, not much was left to do for them. Angelica was in charge of register while Berto was going over some business in the back. Tony took it upon himself to ask if him and Nina could take a 30 minute break, to which Berto didn't mind.

Angelica noticed the two of them. Even though she knew that Tony had someone back in Washington Heights, she couldn't help but notice the way he looked at Nina. She could even sense that Nina was slowly starting to feel the same way but the look she had reciprocated was different to how Tony looked at her. Regardless, Angelica knew that there was something going on between the two.

Tony and Nina decided to go on a walk to the near by park and to their surprise, there was a near by ice cream truck. They looked like children getting excited over ice cream like that and then running over to the empty swings. As expected they started talking about the past again.

"Do you still listen to Paramore?" Tony asked out of the blue. "I remember them being your favorite band."

"Yea I still do," Nina nodded. "Their latest album was a pain in the ass."

Tony choked on his ice cream. "How was that album a pain in the ass?"

"Cos who sings about really sad ass songs like that but to a happy tune? Fucking brilliant I tell you. That shit fucking hurt but it sounded amazing!" Nina mused before doing a chef's kiss. Tony laughed at how she could swear like a sailor and then act so demure when she was around him.

In truth he had yet to find out how she acted when she was around Oscar.

"They're playing at the Forum in three days," Tony said which made Nina feel so excited.

"Okay that I didn't know," Nina hummed. "I would do anything to see them live, I swear. But no doubt that's sold out," her mood was suddenly turned down a little.

"What makes you say that?"

"Cos it's Paramore and it's the Forum. You're only chance of getting tickets like that would be from scalpers and I ain't taking that chance. I don't wanna get played," Nina laughed going back to her ice cream.

"How's your music doing? You've been on several meetings with Ethan. Are you signed into a record label or what?" Nina questioned.

Tony sighed as he unknowingly began to kick the sand beneath his feet. "They're not signing me but I have been offered something better. He's making me his assistant when it comes to producing."

Nina shot him a skeptical look. "How is that better than being on the platform yourself?"

"It helps me earn immediately, for starters," he began. "And no doubt he really liked my sound for being so raw and underrated but he just doesn't think it's enough to be out out there just yet."