38: Future Hearts

Start from the beginning

Sad Eyes saw the look Nina gave him. Despite the two of his friends not being okay with each other, it amazed him how Nina still cared for his best friend. It hurt him a little to see the both of them unhappy like this. He pursed his lips as he nodded in assurance. As Nina tears her gaze away from him and Sad Eyes took it upon himself to leave.

With a sigh she looks up at the ceiling in the hopes of stopping herself from crying even further. She keeps track of her breathing before turning over to her phone to see Victoria texting her and asking if she had already eaten.

Nina didn't have time to eat that morning. When she came out of the room, everyone was already showered and dressed except her. Even Tony was already ready when she came out. After her breakdown in the bathroom she needed to shower, get dressed, and make herself look presentable because her eyes were still pretty puffy. Her breakdown in the bathroom didn't exactly help her.

Victoria made a breakfast sandwich for her, which she ate in the car so she could take her aspirin before reporting in for work in the store. Now, she was inviting Nina to have lunch with them and the twins. But that also meant that she would have to endure being in Tony's presence as well. Nina preferred to stay alone in the mean time.

Clicking on the home button of her phone, Nina looks at her wallpaper. She had changed it to one of her pictures with Oscar in Santa Monica pier. They were on the ferris wheel looking all happy as the sunlight hit them just right. Oscar was taking the picture and he looked happy smiling, his dimple was visible as well. Nina had her eyes closed as she was kissing his cheek.

Looking at her wallpaper, this suddenly prompt her to going over the pictures on her phone. She never really realized she had so many pictures of Oscar. Him driving, fixing his car, smoking, just looking elsewhere, even him sleeping. This wasn't helping her at all.

"I heard you gave Crystal a broken nose," Angelica walked up next to her making her wipe eyes and put away her phone quickly. "I would've paid to see you beat the shit out of her," she added laughing a little but Nina didn't even react.

"I heard about what happened," Angelica said softly. That only meant that more and more people were going to find out about what actually happened between her and Oscar.

"You okay?"

Nina looked at her as she forced a little smile on her face. "I'm getting there," she forced with a small nod. "And trust me, you did not want to be there when it happened," she added recalling how everything went down that morning.

"Still would've been pretty interesting to see you beat the shit out of Crystal," Angelica joked again in the hopes to lighten the mood.

"I honestly don't know what came over me. I've never been so angry."

Or hurt for that matter.

"I say that bitch deserved it. She's been trying to get in between you and Spooky since the very beginning. It's about time she gets served like that," Angelica continued to try making conversation with Nina but she really wasn't in the mood for talking about what happened. It only hurt her a little bit more.

"Spooky can have her for all I care. We're over anyway," Nina replied sadly as she continued stocking the cigarettes and condoms.

It took Angelica awhile to actually realized how what happened affected her friend so much. She had never seen Nina so down like this. Angelica could only sigh as she began helping Nina stock up on the products. Every now and then she would glance at Nina and notice her expression. She looked dull which was a first.

"Is it true?" Angelica tried making conversation again as she continued stocking up with her.

"What is?"