Episode 34: Aseria's Last Crisis

Start from the beginning

"None of us have any idea what the hell you're talking about, but it doesn't look the slightest bit good," Kuri said. "I spent my entire life avoiding sucking up to Lassic after he committed genocide. What makes you think I'd succumb to a new leader?"

"The fact that you don't have a choice in the matter. Bow down to me, or die," Naivie threatened.

"Naivie, just- stop. What's going on? What's Balunercc? What's the planet in the sky? And why did you change into this?" Lute asked.

"Nothing I'm going to answer. You don't need to know!" She leaned forward.

Lute gritted his fangs. "Then we're going to assume it's evil, and we're going to stop you."

"You know, in my noble position, it is only right to ensure that you aren't going to do anything that you're going to regret. Is that your absolute, final answer?" Naivie said.

There was a pause, but everyone's answer was to pose for battle. Electricity sparked, flames puffed up, and energy visibly flowed through the group. Sophitia was last, readying her sword and shield.

"So you've chosen death. Inevitable for ordinary Pokémon. But Sophitia, I expected better," Naivie sighed.

The giant Carbink monster stood tall and stretched her arms up, and then brought both claws down. Even though the group jumped away from the attack, the sheer force of her palms shook everything around and brought the group to the floor. Naivie was unaffected by that, and cried out loud as she flew straight into a follow-up attack. A bright set of sparkling wings flashed on her back for a moment to propel her forward, where her claws collided directly with Sophitia's shield.

"A perfect parry. Just what I expect from Artemis' champion. It's almost like you're lying to me," Naivie said. The two of them were stuck against a wall in the corner of the room, Sophitia half buried in an indent in the ground.

"Why don't you believe me- that I don't remember?" Sophitia growled. She held her shield with both paws and two feelers. Just as Naivie brought her other claw forward to push against the shield, she brushed both claws off and slipped away to the side, avoiding continued strikes from Naivie. As the giant Carbink continuously smashed the ground, the Sylveon darted around Naivie, and eventually kicked off her head to get back to the centre of the room.

"Because you can do things like that. No normal Pokémon could put up this much of a fight," Naivie glared at the Sylveon. A Moonblast was charged between her claws, prompting Sophitia to charge the same attack. Both of their moves collided, creating a massive explosion of dust and smoke. A powerful shockwave came with it, keeping everyone else back.

Sophitia didn't have time to rest, though. Before the smoke cleared, she knew to raise her shield and stand strong. Naivie came right through and crashed into her, claws bared and grinding against her shield.

"You mean to tell me that you've never once thought about it, considered what you could really be? All the battles you've been in, knowing you've had the power to end them in an instant?" Naivie said. "I could see you were holding back. Hesitating, not out of fear of death, but because you didn't want to give yourself away. I watched you do it with Project Dragonlord, and Lassic!"

Sophitia was tried to respond, but couldn't do so on top of her struggled parries. She guarded against Naivie's claws, but the sheer size and force behind each attack knocked her whole body haywire. The best she could do was step backward and jump whenever the ground shook, constantly looking back to make sure she wasn't backed into a wall.

With all the heavy impacts to the ground however, the temple quickly transformed into a ruin that threatened to come apart. Massive ditches were left whenever Naivie moved, while huge indents caused rocks and dust to erupt sporadically. Before long, the whole group were in a crumbling cavern and had to shield themselves from a rain of boulders and rocks.