Episode 1: The Encounter

Wingull chirped, waves crashed, and a strong wind pushed at the ship's sails

Wingull chirped, waves crashed, and a strong wind pushed at the ship's sails. It wasn't storming, but the wind was enough to kick up some hefty movements on the ship's surface, tilting the floor every which way with an irritating rhythm.

Most of the Pokémon aboard made a fun game out of it, twirling around the masts and trying to avoid holding on as much as they could. The bipeds kept falling over and hurting themselves on the wooden planks, while the quadrupeds were having a time of it, tumbling and rolling like they were walking on ball shaped wheels.

An Umbreon, the teacher of this class and the one controlling the ship, was only advocating it. He held a special wheel in all four of his paws. With the ship's wheel below him, his hind legs helped to steady his movements while his front paws took advantage of every heavy whoosh of air that passed the ship. He kept turning the whole thing left to right, causing the ship to bounce and swerve in a direction resembling straight ahead, all the while laughing and calling out to his students in jest. Coincidentally, this did have them going faster than if they would try to stay on course.

But for Lute, this was the worst trip he could've asked for. A weekend at sea on a classic sailing ship with a captain this rowdy had him struggling to keep down his breakfast. This was even though the Eevee was sat stiffly right in the middle of the ship. He kept his eyes shut, body flat, and still he felt like his stomach was going to fly out of his mouth.

"Hey c'mon Lute, you're missing out on all the fun!" his Jolteon buddy called out, rolling over on his right. He was balanced by a Flareon who was only trying to steady himself, which in turn made fellow classmates call for 'cheating'. It all looked dumb to Lute, though.

He opened one eye. Just seeing the floor tilt made him gurgle. Someone bumped into him, and he could've sworn he spewed something out. It took a moment to balance himself, and then he was back to zoning out of this seasick nightmare with a single complaint in his mind. I hate boats.

"Lutey, c'mon and join us! Don't be a weakling," Jolteon called out again, getting thrown in the other direction. Flareon laughed with him, reaching out to try and snatch the Eevee from his spot in the middle of the ship.

"Guys, leave him alone!" a girly voice squeaked. It was just loud enough to catch everyone's attention, barely even Lute's. A short Minun was stood over him, hands by her mouth and feet knocking together. "You know he's not feeling well. So, so..."

"Aww, this is only to make him get stronger. Say Infia, why don't you join us?" Jolteon replied with a cheeky smile. The Minun shuddered, holding down her skirt as another brush of wind passed.

"I-I-I don't want to, either," she said so quietly that Lute could barely hear her. "N-not everyone has to get strong, you know."

"Not gonna be able to hear ya unless ya speak up! C'mon!" Jolteon said, diving forward to snatch them.