As soon as breakfast is done, I start grabbing the plates and placing them in the sink. However, before I can start washing them, Ryder comes up behind me, grabs my waist and pulls me away from the sink, "Hey, I'll clean up, you go get Carter ready. I'll wait for you guys outside." He says.

I nod, walking over to Carter pulling him out of his chair and onto his feet, "Come on Carter, let's get ready for school."

"YAY School!" He yells, running up the stairs to his room. He change his clothes and brush his teeth and then grabs the bag that Ryder bought him for school and starts to head downstairs. I lead him to the backdoor, which leads outside to a huge yard, where Ryder is currently sitting in the middle of the grass with his shirt off. Not that I'm complaining.

As we walk outside, Carter looks up at me confused, "Mommy, I thought we were going to school...."

"We are, it's just that mommy and daddy have to tell you something first..." I reply, sitting down on the grass next to Ryder, with Carter in my lap.

Ryder give me the look, Are you sure you want to do this?

I nod before sighing loudly.

"Carter? Do you know what a wolf is?" I ask Carter, tilting his chin up to look at me.

His face brightens up and nods, "Like my stuffed wolves inside my room!"

"Yes baby. Now deep down inside you..." I say, poking his chest where his heart is, "There is a little wolf too." I tell him, and I think that is where I lose him, cause he looks absolutely confused.

"But mommy...I'm a boy..." He says, confused.

I nod, "Yes baby, but you are also a wolf, just like mommy and daddy." I say, "And then, one day when you are older, you can shift into your wolf too."

Carter still looks at me confused, and Ryder shakes his head, "He doesn't understand..."

I look over at Ryder, "Go shift for him. Maybe if he sees you shift he will understand."

He nods, scooting over to kiss Carter's forehead before standing up and taking a couple steps back, pulling his shorts off.

"Watch Daddy, Carter." I say, pointing to Ryder as he starts to change.

I feel Carter start to squirm as Ryder shifts from human to wolf. He shoves his head into my chest as the sound of bones start to crack. I smile once Ryder completes his transformation, rubbing Carter's back.

"Look at daddy, Carter..." I tell him, and slowly, he lifts his head up to see a huge black wolf standing in front of us. He gasps, his hands covering his mouth, "Daddy?" He asks.

Ryder nods his wolf head and sits down next to us, allowing Carter to come closer.

"Go to Daddy." I say to persuade him, standing him up and lightly pushing him over to Ryder.

"Hi daddy..." he says warily, holding his hand out, trying to touch Ryder's snout. Ryder lowers his face, allowing his snout to touch Carter.

You could tell Carter was a little frightened. I mean, who wouldn't be if their father didn't just turn into a big ass wolf.  But after a few minutes, Carter finally opened up to the playful kid we know and love. Him and Ryder ran around the yard, with Ryder playfully chasing him. I even get Carter to sit on top of Ryder, letting him hold on as he runs around.

They mess around for a good ten minutes before I call Carter back so Ryder can shift.

"Can everyone do that mommy? Even you?" He asks.

I nod, smiling at him. "I can, but only special people can do this. We are gifted." I tell him, leaning down to kiss his temple.

"I wanna try and turn into a wolf!!!" Carter exclaims, jumping up and down in my lap.

"Not yet, son. You will when the time is right." Ryder says, coming back over to us with his clothes back on. He picks Carter up and then extends his other hand to help me up.

"I think it's time we go to school!" Ryder says, as he starts to walk over to his car. He opens the door for me and puts Carter in his seat, before running over to his own side, getting in and starting the car.

The process to get Carter registered was very quick, but I don't think you needed much information for the child of the pack alpha.

Introductions were kept to a minimum, and as soon as Carter saw other kids, mommy and daddy blew out of his mind.

Ryder and I walked out of the school hand in hand, heading towards the car. The car ride is silent, other than the radio playing and Ryder rubbing my thigh.

"So, what are we going to do today?" I ask as he pulls into the driveway.

"Well Luna," He says, addressing me by my title as he shuts the ignition off, "Looks like we have a Luna ceremony to plan..."

"Ugh! I forgot about that!" I groan as I get out of the car and walk up to the front door.

"Yep, but first..." He says, picking me up bridal style and walking into the house and locking to door, "You up for a repeat of last night?" He asks, always walking up the stairs to his bedroom.

"Always"