18: Ignoring

Depuis le début

"Now you wanna talk?" he taunted raising his eyebrow. Nina only huffed crossing her arms over her chest and listened to what he had to say. "Why are you avoiding me?"

There it was.

"I get shot and then you nurse my wounds, cry to me how much I just scared the shit out of you, kiss me then you decided to stay the night before ghosting me just like that?!" Oscar raised his voice as Nina tried to take a breath.

"That's not really how ghosting works-"

"I ain't joking! You said you cared for me. So why'd you decide to leave me hanging like that huh? After everything you said with your apology? After how much I felt that I needed you?" Oscar was fed up.

That moment they had got to him so much and it felt so sincere that he found himself just succumbing to the feeling that Nina was giving him. It hurt him that he was left hanging so suddenly.

Oscar yelled even more. "Why'd you do me dirty like that huh? WHY?!?"

"BECAUSE I LIKE YOU, YOU PIECE OF SHIT!"

"AND YOU THINK I DON'T?!?"

Their screaming match was put to a temporary end after the end of that exchange. The cholos on the lawn betting if they were going to finally end up together right then and there. Cesar overheard the yelling across the street and decided to tune in. A smirk appears on the teens face after their confession as a mini victory dance played in his head.

"You what?" Nina blinked in shock making Oscar run a hand over his head. Her face felt hot in all the stress.

"Why do you think I can't stop looking through your window? Why I keep wanting to see you? Why I keep kissing you? Every time you're away I can't stop thinking about you, I can't stop missing you," he reasoned still leaving her in a state of shock. "Goddamnit, Nina. You were supposed to be the smart one!"

"Has it ever occurred to you how scared I was of telling you how I feel?" tears were beginning to well in her eyes. Always so goddamn emotional.

"I knew from the very beginning that I had feelings fo you but sometimes I forget that you have street cred. Everything felt so real to me when were together to the point I forgot that you were Spooky," she started crying.

"It took me awhile to realize how if I were to pursue you and maybe fall in love with you I had to accept the good with the bad. I didn't know if I was ready for that, Oscar," she continued as she wiped away her tears.

"Because, I care about you so so so much that it hurts sometimes. It really does. One moment I could feel so high all these small moments. But then you jumped Cesar into the Santos and a few days later you get shot and I-I was terrified," she was crying so much now that she had to cover her face with her hands. She hated crying in front of people. It made her feel vulnerable.

Nina groaned putting her hands over her eyes. Damn all these emotions. "And I am just so torn and scared about your safety and well being because I like you so fucking much. So much shit goes on with you and the Santos and it just fucking scares me because I care about you so fucking much."

Oscar softened seeing her cry and pour out her feelings the way she did. And the fact that her cheeks were flushed and her nose was already red from crying. "Are you always this cute when you cry?"

"Oscar!" Nina said in annoyance removing her hands from her eyes.

"Hey," he cooed pulling her into his chest. "Look, I was scared too. I didn't want to drag you into this. Cos this life ain't easy. God, Nina, you deserve much more than just an ugly ass cholo like me," he said sincerely though his comment at the end made Nina laugh. The sound made Oscar feel a little lighter.