Nina could only look at him with sympathy, "You better watch your ass kid. I love you a lot. I don't know what I would do if something bad happens to you."

Cesar's heart melted. Honestly, his brother would be lucky to have someone like her. "I love you too, Nina," he smiled before Nina places a kiss on his forehead.

"Hey," Sad Eyes enters the store. "Things are about to go down. Spooky is making me take you back to the house," he tells Cesar.

"Oh and Oscar said he wanted these already," he added grabbing the bag of chips of Cesar.

"He's making you buy his shit cos he doesn't want to come here?" Nina raised her eyebrow at Cesar who shrugged a response.

"Spooky is making me take you back to your house too," Sad Eyes says to Nina putting her a little on edge.

"Excuse me? I'm perfectly fine taking myself back home. Thank you very much," she sassed crossing her arms over her chest.

"Spooky ain't playin', Nina, shits about to go down with the Prophet$. The streets ain't safe in a few hours. We have to take you home," Sad Eyes continued to reason.

"I'm sorry, last time I checked he wasn't paying my bills."

"Well he did say you were going to resist," Sad Eyes shrugged. What happened next was like a scene from a dumb comedy show. Two other cholos walked inside the store and lifted Nina off the other side of the counter. The two cholos practically had to hold her down and carry her to the car.

Cesar grabs her stuff and bids farewell to Señor Berto who also said farewell without a care. Nina gets stuck in the backseat with Cesar who could only shrug about the situation. The teen was just as clueless as Nina.

A few minutes pass and they arrive back at the Santos house. Oscar already had his eyes on Nina as their car pulled up on the street. He smirked as they tried to pull Nina out of the car.

"I can walk by myself!" Nina sneered getting away from their hold. When she makes eye contact with Oscar she only rolls her eyes and walks back to her house.

Nina practically locks herself in her room, displeased by the fact that she literally had to be dragged out of her work to be here. She spent a good ten minutes just cursing Oscar under her breath before actually settling down. She texts Victoria about the plans of the Santos. Hopefully they get home soon and they get home safe.

She couldn't get over the fact how she was mad with Oscar. Then again, apart of her argued to simply stay out of it. Sure she cared for Cesar but it wasn't like he was her little brother. Cesar wasn't her responsibility and as just a mere citizen of Freeridge, she really didn't have a say about how Oscar ran things in their town.

Maybe she did take a step too far. Plus, she had built a good relationship with him and she didn't want to easily throw that away. Deep down she knew that Oscar was good and that the bad reputation that he had was simply an image the neighborhood built him up to be.

The best way not to get involve was to not but herself into the conversation. If she wanted to be left out of their mess she shouldn't meddle in with them. If they say that Oscar knew what he was doing then she should let the pendejo do his thing.

This was on top of the fact that she still couldn't stop thinking about him. And the fact that she actually missed him. Of course she was angry but that didn't make her feelings for him go away any sooner than she had hope.

"Goddamnit," she muttered in realization that she had to apologize. She embarrassed herself and Oscar in front of the Santos. She was in deep shit and she didn't even know it yet. She had to apologize the moment the heat in the block was going to blow over.