Chapter 9

thank you guys for reading this! i hope you're all enjoying it.

____________________________________________________________

Harry wakes up and groans at the pain that shoots throughout his body. At first, he was confused as to why he was in pain, but then he remembered what he did last night. Or what someone did to him last night. Noah. Noah had been hard on him. He had small bruises around his wrists in the shape of a hand and there were fingerprint sized bruises on his hips. There were small dark spots scattered all over his neck as well. God, why did he agree to let Noah do what he wanted? He honestly has no clue anymore. He loves Noah. Loved more like. He doesn't know what happened. Maybe he realised what Noah was actually doing was wrong and not love, or maybe he just wasn't good enough, because he couldn't love his fucking fiance. 

Harry groans and covers his face with his hands. He needs to stop thinking about this right now. Before Harry gets out of the bed he notices how it's cold again. Usually after a night together Noah would be there with him when he wakes up, but apparently not today. Now that Harry thinks about it, Noah has been out a lot more than usual. 

'He's probably just been called in to work earlier' Harry thinks. He hopes that's the only reason, because the other reasons...No. Noah wouldn't do that. Would he? 

Harry stops his wandering thoughts and gets out of bed slowly. When he stands up he hisses at the pain that shoots up his back. He decides that a nice bath would hopefully help ease the pain, so that's what he does. He makes sure the water is warm before stepping in and relaxing. He turns on one of his playlists and closes his eyes while listening to the music. 

He cleans himself and gets out of the tub to finish his morning routine. It's a weekend so he doesn't need to wear a nice outfit out today. He can wear a more casual outfit to meet Louis in. Louis. Oh god, he is going to have an actual conversation with Louis for the first time in years. Why is he nervous? He knew Louis when they were younger and he's a secret agent, he can protect himself if worst comes to worst. Then again, Louis is now a mafia boss and could have changed since they were little kids. 

Harry sighs and puts on his outfit. He decided on wearing some skinny jeans and a sweatshirt, because you could never go wrong with those. The sweatshirt would also help cover up the scattered bruises on his neck and wrists, he hopes. He puts on his shoes and grabs his keys before leaving his house. He makes sure the door is locked, then gets in his car to go to the warehouse where he and Louis will meet.

                                                                ***

Louis had already arrived at the warehouse and had been waiting for a few minutes, when he hears a car pull up. He can't believe this is actually happening. He's meeting the boy he first fell in love with, his only true love he has had, again after years of being separated with no contact. They have a lot to catch up on, that's for sure. 

Harry exits his car and turns around to make eye contact with Louis. He begins to walk towards Louis, but of course, with him being his clumsy self, he trips over a stone and falls straight onto Louis.

"Oops." Harry says with a little giggle, as he stares into Louis' deep blue eyes. He could get lost in those eyes forever if he wanted to.

"Hi." Louis says, with a fond smile. He doesn't know why he is still so fond of the curl-haired lad. Maybe it's because it's hard not to love him. He's a beautiful, clumsy man that just melts your heart.

"Well...that isn't the best way to start this, but there's no going back now." Harry says with a laugh. Louis thinks he could listen to Harry laugh forever and he would never get bored. His laugh is just beautiful and the way his eyes light up is the cherry on top.

"Nope. You just got to own it, eh?" Louis replies, laughing along as well. They both just sit there quietly chuckling for a little bit, and Harry can't help but admire the way Louis' eyes crinkle when he smiles or laughs, and how adorable it is. 

They just stand there staring at each other for awhile, taking in the fact that the other is real and that they're actually here. That's when Louis notices it. The slight pained expression on Harry's face, the hood of his hoodie covering his neck, and his sleeves pulled all the way down to cover his arms and wrists, creating sweater-paws. 

"What happened?" Louis asks Harry. Harry stares back at him wide-eyed and slightly confused.

"What do you mean?" 

"What happened? You're covering yourself up and you look like you're in pain. Don't tell me I'm wrong, I studied body language." Louis says before Harry could interrupt him.

"Nothing happened Louis, it's fine. I'm fine." Harry says with pleading eyes. He didn't want to talk about his fiance right now.

"Give me your hand, Harry." Louis says holding out his hand.

"No, it's fi-"

"Give. Me. Your. Hand. Harry." Louis repeats more firmly.

Harry sighs in defeat. He really didn't want to argue, and figured Louis would find away to get him to comply anyways, so he holds his hand out for Louis to take.

Louis quickly grabs his hand and rolls the sleeves up. What he finds is not what he expected. Their was a ring of bruises around Harry's wrists that were in the shape of a hand. He caught Harry of guard by tugging on his wrist to pull Harry closer to him. Then he pulled down Harry's hoodie to find small dark bruises scattered all over his neck. Louis could guess why Harry had the slightly pained expression and why he was walking a little lopsided. 

"Who did this?"

"No one, Louis. I honestly don't want to talk about him right now." Harry says pulling his hands back from Louis' grip.

"Alright sunshine, we don't have to talk about it. Just give me one word or a name and then I'll drop it." Louis compromises. He wants to know who had hurt Harry. He shouldn't have this many bruises if he was in a loving relationship. He also doesn't know why he still cares so deeply about the boy standing in front of him, he could protect himself. Apparently not though. There was something else going on that put Harry in trouble and Louis didn't like the thought of that for some reason.

"My fiance." Harry whispers with teary eyes. Louis walks up to him, so he can wrap his short arms around his waist and bring him in for a hug. He was careful not to hug too tight in fear of accidentally hurting Harry. Louis just holds Harry until his tears and little sniffles subside, and he is ready to talk again.

"So, what did I miss with you Boobear?" Harry asks with a genuine smile and questioning eyes.

____________________________________________________________

so they met. do you guys want to kill me with how they met? 

did you guys enjoy this chapter? thoughts?

don't forget to comment and vote.

all my love,
-H