Kidnapped

Nick was behind the bartending to his customers. It was a Friday night, so naturally, he was busy. 

He didn't even notice a beautiful familiar face sitting at the bar. "Hey good looking" Jess said when he turned to her, "Hey, can I buy you a drink?" he said leaning closer to her. 

She leaned in over the bar and kissed her boyfriend tenderly. "Honestly what is stopping me from jumping over this bar and carrying you back to the loft?" Nick whispered. 

"Your boss. Your job. How we are gonna pay rent..." Jess started. 

"Okay, okay, okay, I get it thanks Jess" Nick said. Jess laughed and said, "the usual good man" in a goofy accent. 

Nick laughed and poured Jess a glass of rosé. "9$ please ma'am" Nick said handing the glass to Jess. 

Jess took the glass and leaned over the bar and whispered into Nick's ear. "I'll repay you tonight in the bedroom" before leaning back down and sipping her wine. 

Nick stood there staring at his girlfriend, "you are making it very hard for me to do my job" Nick growled and started wiping the counter. 

Jess shrugged and went back to drinking her wine. 

Nick's boss came around and scolded him for not working. "I am not paying you to hang around with your girlfriend. Go serve that bachelorette party some martinis and cocktails right now" his boss said and went top up more alcohol.

"It's okay Nick, I'll see you back at the loft" Jess said and hopped off the chair. 

"Where's Schmidt?" Nick asked. 

"With CeCe" Jess responded. 

"Winston?"

 "Aly"

"Coach?", 

"Nick, it is Friday night he's probably at a strip club" Jess said adjusting her coat. 

"I'm not sure how I feel you walking home alone at night. Why don't you call one of them?" Nick said protectively. 

Jess looked at him with her eyebrow raised, "Nick, I'll be fine. You worry too much".

"Why don't you wait for my shift to end? I finish in 2 hours." Nick said while looking at his watch. 

"Oh? So you would rather me sit in a bar looking single and waiting for guys to hit on me when you're serving other people?" Jess said sarcastically.

Nick's eyes widened, it was true, on busy nights at the bar, guys hit on Jess left and right. Schmidt, Coach, and Winston were always there to keep an eye on Jess when he wasn't there. If it wasn't for them, Nick would've lost his job for punching someone a long time ago.

He signed and admitted his defeat, "Okay fine, you win. Just be careful and text me when you get home". Jess smiled, it was cute to her how protective Nick could get. She leaned in and gave him a quick peck before walking out of the bar. When she got to the door she looked back at Nick and gave a small wave, then left.

Jess made her way down the dimly lit street. She had done this walk dozens of times with her friends and she did it alone during the day.

Nick had been a little concerned before they were dating, but now that they were getting serious, he was super protective over her.

Jess felt slightly uneasy as if someone was watching her. She stopped walking and looked behind her and saw nothing.

Jess took a deep breath and decided to go back to the bar. She felt safe with Nick around, even if she was being hit on guys in the process. As she turned back to start walking back to the bar and large hand went over her mouth.