04 → emma's first party

Start from the beginning

Stiles was expecting Emma's usual smile in reply, however this time, she had a slight pout on her lips. "Are you okay?" Lydia asked. Emma looked up from her hands and nodded. This was a topic that she and Liam decided to push into the back of their mind. They promised to start fresh at Beacon Hills High School. They didn't want people to know about it and to judge him, make him feel even worse than he already did.

"Yeah, it's just – I guess we have to be honest with each other from now on," Emma began; Stiles and Malia could hear the slight hint of sadness in her tone. Emma couldn't see Malia's face, but it showed signs of regret. "I wasn't expecting to talk about this when I got in the car," Emma admitted.

"We understand, but it is really important, Emma," Lydia added; Emma chewed on her cheek. Emma knew that it was important to give them very important and useful information. She felt dirty for breaking the promise that the twins made. The most important thing in life to her was family, and doing anything against that made her feel terrible. Emma had to do it, but a part of Emma was wondering, what if they turn out to be the bad guys. They really don't seem like it, but she was kidnapped alongside her brother.

"Well – Liam he has some anger issues – but he is taking medicine for it!" Emma said, defending her brother at the end. Stiles and Lydia made worried eye contact through the mirror. Emma noticed it, she knew that it meant something bad. A werewolf might be bad, but is a werewolf with anger issues worse? Emma was thinking the answer was yes, by the heavy tension in the car. It made her stomach hurt, she actually felt slight pain all over. Not to mention little beads of sweat forming on her forehead. "Do you think you can turn the a/c up?" Emma asked as she rolled the sleeves of her sweater up. It was a pretty thin sweater there shouldn't be a reason why she was sweating.

Stiles reached forward and flipped the a/c on, the air blew through the vents was warm air. He looked over his shoulder quickly, before returning his eyes on the road. "Yeah, uh— a/c's broken" Stiles admitted. Lydia scoffed, pinching the bridge of her nose. Stiles rolled down his window so air could get into the back seat.

"Wait, you can get kicked out of school for having anger issues?" Malia questioned, she turned to look at Emma fully. Emma wiped her forehead off, cooling down some at the icy air wiping into the car and brushing the flyaway hairs across her cheeks.

"No . . . But you might if you smash a teacher's car with a crowbar," Emma answered, it was quiet but the three of them caught it. Stiles' eyes widened as he shifted in his seat. Malia didn't say anything, she just turned to face the front. "They always used to argue. Liam hated him."

"That's not good" Lydia murmured to herself. Emma looked over at Lydia. Her face firm, which sent Emma into slight panic mode.

"What – is a werewolf with anger management issues bad?" Emma quizzed, she sat up straight. Emma knew that the question was dumb, they were giving all sorts of signs that is was bad. Her head started to hurt, and weirdly enough so did her fingernails. Emma could probably chalk the headache up to stress, maybe even the air pressure changing. Fingernails, she had no idea why they were hurting.

"Well for him, no, he'll be strong," Malia began, the pause before the impending 'but' was insufferable. Emma was practically leaning forward in anticipation, her hands were rubbing against the jean fabric of her skirt. "But, for us, especially you three it could be very bad."

"So he might kill us three?" Emma asked, her hazel eyes wide in shock.

"Well, he might try to kill all of us. Scott, Kira, and I can fight him off. I know when I'm experiencing a full moon I want to kill anything with a heartbeat" Malia replied so calmly, it threw Emma off.

Malia was talking about the fact that she wanted to kill like it meant nothing to her. Emma guesses it wasn't out of character for her, from her experience Malia was just blunt about things. She'll say how she feels to your face and if you didn't like it don't ask. Although she was learning how to not do that, some people prefer bluntness any way. It may have thrown Emma off, but she did appreciate the way she wasn't sugarcoating what her brother was going to go through tonight.