Chapter 7

"Good morning Princess." Tommy stood beside the bed, looking down at Grace with an ecstatic beam.

She tightened her eyes, yawning endlessly. She rubbed a fisted hand over her eyes to clear out the grogginess obscuring her vision.

How long has he been up? Her small eyes finally focusing on the large figure hovering over her.

He looked rakishly alluring in his jogging pants and black singlet. His stomach was rock hard beneath his comfy wear, his abs threatened to rip off the singlet hanging on his body. Grace managed to peel off her eyes away from his abs.

"Wh-What time is it?" She muttered, resisting the urge to look at his ravishing abs.

Tommy didn't feel the need to reply, instead he went straight for the window and brusquely pulled the curtains apart. The room was instantly lit up in golden rays.

Grace winced as the bright rays pierced into her eyes. "Tommy? That hurts" She cursed, shutting her eyes tight.

"I never knew a sun can hurt a sun." He smiled. "You're a beautiful sun. So I don't see how the sun can hurt another sun."

"What do you want?" Grace gruntled, pushing herself across to the edge of the bed.

"Whatever do you mean my love?" He protested.

She scuffed, and jolted out of bed. "You only call me pet names when you want something" She stated. Walking across the room to the closet. She pulled out a black catgirl jacket and a pair of blue Jeans.

Tommy sneaked up on her and wrapped his arms around her waist. "Well in that case, what I want is, to look at your sleepy eyes and freshly awoken face when I say, Happy Valentine's day"

Grace gasped, freezing like time. "Today is Valentine's day? Oh my heavens, how did I forget?!" She yelped.

"It's okay, it's okay. I gotcha" He smiled against her neck, gently nibbing on her bare skin.

She stiffened when she felt a bulge in his pants pressing against her back.

"Tommy?" She moaned.

"I love you baby" he whispered into her ears.

She slowly turned, facing him. "I love you" She cooed.

He placed both hands on her waist, pulling her closer. She threw her hands over his neck, locking her fingers at the back of his head. Their eyes locked in a deep fantasy. He closed the space between them and pressed his lips against hers.

She kissed him back passionately, digging her fingers into his hair. His hands trailed down her back until they reached her ass, he and cupped it. She gasped when he pinched her ass. She placed both hands on his chest and shoved him back.

"That's all you're gonna get Mr Tommy Denver" Grace teased, and walked pass him to the dresser.

"I'll get more and you know it" He smirked.

"You wish" She retorted. Picking up a hairbrush to brush her tangled hair.

"Are you going to see your parents today?" He asked.

"You know I am" She blurted, without taking her eyes off the mirror.

"Well, I was thinking, after seeing your parents, maybe you could come back before 7pm. I want to take you somewhere special tonight" He said, soothingly.

"I'd love that, but I can't" She said, sadly. "I can't make it by 7."

"Why not babe?" He creased his brows, shifting all his weight on one heel.

"We would be having a love feast in church by that time. I almost forgot, but I'm glad you reminded me that today is Valentine's day. I really wish I could come with you?" She croaked.

Tommy felt a small anger build up in his chest but he tried to pushed it away. "Babe but, this is Valentine's day. It's a day for lovers" he tried to stay as calm as possible.

"I know. And yes, Valentine is a day set aside to celebrate love, and God is love. He died for our sins. What good is Valentine's day if we don't celebrate it in the presence of God?" She ricocheted, hoping that she is making sense to him.

Tommy exhaled deeply when he saw where the conversation was going but frankly, he didn't want to go there.

"Okay Grace, you go to your love feast, I'll be just fine" He gritted, letting go of her waist. He walked back to the bed and dropped himself on his back.

"Ugh" she sighed. "I wish you'd come out of the dark." She mumbled lowly, but unfortunately for her, he heard her.

He sat up on the bed immediately, but she still had her back turned to him. "What did you say?" He questioned seriously.

"Nothing." She fixed her gaze at the mirror, avoiding eye contact with him.

"No, I heard you clearly. So because I don't see things the way you do, that makes me the one in the dark?" His voice exploded.

"Look Tom, I don't wanna have this conversation right now."

"No. Maybe we should have this conversation. I'm tired of you disrespecting me because I don't share in your faith." he quarrelled.

"I'm not disrespecting you Tom, I'm only tryna help you! That's what you do when you love someone." she fought back.

"You're tryna help me do what exactly?" He questioned.

"To see the light! That's all I wanna do, help you see that God is light, and everyone who stands with God stand in the light. I just wanna help you come out of darkness, Tommy, I promise!" Grace bewailed.

Tommy forced an uneven smile to his face, but deep down his heart, anger flowed cruelly. "You know what? You're right. You should totally go to church with your parents tonight." He exhaled, "Say hi to your parents for me." He said in the calmest voice he had and then walked over to her. Placing a finger at her cheek, he pulled her face towards him and placed a kiss on her forehead.

She turned her face back to the mirror almost immediately. She watched him through the mirror as he advanced to the closet and pulled out his petit baggage and a couple of clothes.

"Where are you going?" She scowled, scanning the clothes and shoes he threw on the bed.

"I'm going to my mother's. I'll be there for a while." He replied coldly without looking at her.

Grace knew she should'nt let him leave, but she didn't try to stop him anyways. She just stood facing the dresser with her arms folded across her chest while he packed up the last clothes and locked the baggage. Next minute he left the room.

The moment he walked out the front door, She started gathering her stuffs. She sighed when she heard his car pull out of the garage and drove away.