The beginning-Chapter 1

Start from the beginning

Then we have the baby of the family, Kayleigh. I swear she is 16 going on 30 you'd think this little girl is my age. I love this little girl like she's mine. All she needs to do is batter those eyelash extensions I paid for and she gets what she wants. I mentally shake my head because she knows that.

She was only eight years old when our mother died so I basically took on the maternal role. I really do love her more than life itself. If I could sum up my family in three words it would be, loving, nosey as hell and not to be fucked with. I'm black ya'll know those phrases are full words.

Anyways as if on time my little sister and my dad burst into my room screaming "Happy birthday"

Kay starts jumping on my bed and opens up snapchat to start invading my personal space because apparently, we share it.

"One time for the birthday bitch! Fuck it up if it's birthday bitch!" as she's reciting and twerking to these lyrics I laugh as I see my father's heart stop.

Yeahhh Kayleigh's all grown up daddy.

What the hell, I'm 24 today I jump up and join kay in her twerkfest. Ya'll already know my dad left otherwise he definitely would've passed out.

He covered his eyes, backing out of my room screaming "Happy birthday Babygirl ! I'mma leave ya'll to be heathens.  I'll have breakfast ready for you later in the day."

Kayla continues hyping me on her snapchat "Yess birthday girl, You betta! You betta! Shake that asss, shake what our mamma gave you!!"

I start to lose my breathe "Okay! Okay! Kay, I'm tired babygirl." I sit on my bed trying to catch my breath and Kayla sits beside me.

In laughter she responds "okay granny, we shall continue later on in the day"

I mean mug her "shit, If I'm a grandma I'm a sexy ass grandma" I say flipping my hair.

"I can't argue with that"

"I know you can't, and please tell me you didn't tag me on your snapchat"

"ermm I sure did what's the problem? "She responds with a confused face.

I shake my head "ughh Kayleigh"

"ugh Kendra" she mocks me, see what I mean ya'll. 16 going 30.

"First of all you not funny" I say pinching her nose "And secondly I don't want none of them fast ass boys on your snapchat adding me like we are the same age. I'm not one of your lil friends"

She sighs "D you act like I have 500 people on snapchat or something"

"No, you have one thousand!"

She smirks "I know I just wanted to hear someone else say it."

I laugh whilst shaking my head and throw my pillow at her. "aht aht humility is key Babygirl, remember what I always tell you."

"Yes, Yes, What God gives you he can take away, be thankful always and even though it may seem like people are riding with you, they will be the first to betray you"

I stare at her for a moment and move her hair behind her ear and share a smile "exactly my love. Exactly that. I'm so proud of the young woman you are becoming I swear."

She hugs me tightly "Come on D you know I only have you to thank for that. You are my everything"

I shed a small tear and I wiped it away before she continued talking to me.

"Soooo, it's time for me to give you your present. Close your eyes"

I opened them and the tears just wouldn't stop. I look up to her as if only communicating with my eyes.

"Kay, where did you get these pictures from?"  It was a collage book filled with pictures of our childhoods, including pictures from before our mum died

"Well.... Lets just say Hussle, Daddy and I really put in work"

"Ya'll sure did. I really, really love it" I hugged it and wrapped my arms around it.

"Okay well, I just wanted to be the first to give you your present because I am your favourite of course" she said as she twirled out of my room.

Yeah, my family crazy and nosey and all up in my business but I really wouldn't have it any other way.

I close my eyes and tuck myself into bed. I wonder what lies ahead for the rest of the day.

Hi everyone first story. Super nervous but excited please please please, vote and comment as much as possible. So I can get started on the next chapters . Let me know what you think ❤️