Chapter 1

Xea's P.O.V

I arrived at the coffee shop early in hopes that I could calm my excessively beating heart. I ordered and sat at a table in the corner, I didn't know how our conversation would go. Everytime the door chimed I seemed to jump out of my skin.

Then he walked in, looking so good and exactly how I remember him. He ordered before looking around and landing his gaze on me. Smiling he waved at me, before taking his order and coming over to me.

I got up to greet him, and when we hugged my whole soul seemed to calm. It made me feel happy and content that he was here with me again. We sat back down and for just a while stared at each other.

"You look great" he stated.

I chuckled at him, "cheesy first line, but thank you."

He smiled lightly, "so how have you been?"

"Good, really good, what about you?"

"It's been good, when school ended we all just sort of came to a stand still. V then got invited by Iris to be vice principal and she all but forced me to be a teacher. Kyle goes to day care during the day while we're at work."

It made me happy to know they were still doing great.

"How has everything else been going?" He asked tentatively.

He was asking about my PTSD, I looked down at my coffee. "It's been good, therapy once a week and still on my meds. Deans been helping me a lot, I can even regress sometimes."

"You've been trying?"

I chuckled at his statement, "yes, I am still a little dork."

He let out a small laugh, "I didn't know if what happened had made things difficult for you."

"It was, it's only been the past six months that I've been able to. I'm just glad it doesn't send me into a flashback anymore."

"That's great to hear."

We were silent for a moment, "V and Kyle would really like to see you."

That made me smile, then I frowned, "they aren't mad at me are they?"

"Not mad, we were all more than just a bit worried. A bit confused too, we didn't understand why you had left."

I shrugged, "what happened to Kyle was my fault, I needed time to get better, so I didn't hurt you guys anymore."

"And you thought leaving, without saying anything would do that?" He was starting to sound irritated.

"What would you have said if I had told you I wanted to leave? Okay yeah we completely understand? No you would have told me it was a bad idea and that I was only thinking of the bad things. Now that I'm better I see that it shouldn't have been the way it happened, but it was."

His jaw clenched and averted his gaze, he was trying to calm himself down. I had to do the same thing, I didn't know we would get this heated in a conversation. Though he and I were both right in the points we were trying to make.

"I'm sorry, I'm trying to understand why you didn't talk to us about it" he said.

I stared at the disposable cup I had in front of me, "do you remember when you were nine and everyone continued to try and make you feel better? They were constantly trying to help and all you really wanted was some space to think and time to recenter yourself. That's what I needed, I needed time to get better, and I knew if I tried to tell you about it you'd all just try and keep me from what I needed."

We were silent again as he took in the information I just gave him. I hated bringing up the traumatic events of when he was younger but I had no other choice.

"And now?"

"I want my family back, I've been go for so long and I miss you all so much."

He nodded, "when would you like to see all of us again?"

"Why not dinner next Friday? So we can all sit and talk together" I suggested.

Smiling as he nodded he took my hand, making a very tingling feeling go through my body.

"That sounds perfect."

I don't know what I was hoping him to say, but the short answer made me feel slightly defeated. I guess in a way I missed the nicknames, the way they would roll right off his tongue when he said them. The way he would make me feel as we talked and he'd sooth me with those nicknames.

As we left the coffee shop and went our separate ways I felt lonely again, like a piece of me was missing once more. I did look back to watch him walk away, I think that hurt more than the loneliness itself. I kept reminding myself that I'd see him again soon and things would get better.

I hope.