Chapter 2: @Karolinaxoxo meets @Jeedish

Back in Cebu Doctor's University, I always had my eyes on a guy named Edrian Kavanagh. When Andy and I were still in the best friend zone, it was only him that I told about my crush and how often would I be stunned whenever I passed by Ed. Well, to be honest, I actually didn't tell Andy, I had a crush on Ed.

Andy found it out himself while we were in the corridors of CDU and Ed passed by and so he asked "Oh, Manang NBSB? Bakit ka nakatulala dyan. Ah Alam ko na. Laway nimo, Inday oh. Hahahahaha. Crush nimo si Ed, pre sah? Ayee crush ni Manang ang isa ko pang best friend!"

Andy attempted to shout "Ed nakakacrush daw si Karolina ni--!" but I wrapped my hands around his mouth and my body was really close to him just like a reflex and although our positions were technically awkward at that moment I just didn't mind it anymore because I thought everything we had was platonic even though in reality my heart skipped a beat at that very moment. In order to maintain my mojo, I just "acted cool" simply because I don't want anyone else to know about my feelings towards my best friend. I liked Edrian but I loved Andy from the start.

So I just replied to him in a low voice, "Yes, Oo na nga! You don't have to make your voice loud kasi baka may makarinig! I had a crush on the guy pero teka who doesn't, pre? Nasa kanya na kaya ang lahat. Haay. Ed my knight and shining armor!".

Andy then told me, "So? Ano gusto mo irereto kita? Hehehehe Uyyy nagblush si Manang NBSB oh. Don't worry, I'll try my best, pre. Para dream come true, mukha ka kasing stalker eh. HAHAHAHAHA".

I then replied, "Itong German Shepherd na to oh. SHUT UP NA KASI EH. Kainis ka ha! Sumbagon tika ron. Hahahaha! pero joke lang pare, I love you! Hehehe Talaga lang ha? Maybe you're just fooling around na naman.".

Andy said, "Ayeeeee, love ako ni pare ko! How much do you love me, pare ko?".

I replied, "Oo naman syempre as in super, pero I quote ha AS A BESTFRIEND, ulol. Pumasok na nga tayo sa mga classroom natin. Bye pre!".

We bade goodbyes and went to our respective classes.

Ed was two years older than me at Cebu Doctor's University, so he was also a Sophomore and was Andy's block mate and new found best friend by which they would easily get along in almost everything. They were both sporty. When you talk about Basketball and Tennis, you can trust Andy however when you talk about Swimming and Soccer, you can trust Ed. Just like Andy, he was sort of an international boy. He was half Filipino and half Australian, had blue eyes, muscular, brunette, 6"3 and has that bad boy aura along with him that I really found irresistible.

He was also taking up Bachelor of Science in Physical Therapy at the time I was there and he was the star player for the sports: swimming and soccer. Ed was the top crush ng bayan in CDU however when Andy came along they were both held as the crush ng bayan and some would even name them the "Twin Towers" because they were both Asian-Caucasian and were indeed tall. 

Ed also has the looks and physique that all the girls would drool for, his family is loaded, and he's smart however he was notorious for being a Cassanova. All the girls loved him. He was treated as a god by all guys on campus.

While soaking in the #throwbackthursday phase for my memories in Cebu City. I took a selfie while I was riding a plane going to Davao City then I posted it on my Instagram account. I had 231 likes on my photo and also a few comments, however, there was one guy whose username is "@Jeedish" by whose name in IG was Edrian Kavanagh, my knight and shining armour, who commented on my photo saying:

"@Karolinaxoxo: Kamukha mo si Kc Concenpcion kaso lang dumbo version".

I don't really know whether I should be happy about what he said or be insulted because he joked about my cute yet humongous ears. I thought so because dumbo had remarkable ears also. But OMG, it was my crush, right? I didn't really expect him to notice me after all because I was taking up Medtech in CDU while he was taking up PT.

So I replied:

"@Jeedish: Wow ha. Naks naman. Thanks? or no thanks?"

"@Karolinaxoxo: JOKE lang gani. Gwapa bitaw kay!"

"@Jeedish: Weh? Ows? Talaga? Magkano?"

"@Karolinaxoxo: Serious na talaga ako. Maganda ka nga pero....."

"@Jeedish: pero ano?!?!"

"@Karolinaxoxo: basta HAHAHA!"

"@Jeedish: ..... k dot."

"@Karolinaxoxo: uyyy nagalit siya. HAHAHA "

"@Jeedish: ano nga sabe eh?"

"@Karolinaxoxo: Mukha kang monggols! HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!"

"@Jeedish: HEHEHE FUNNY kaayo bai! LOL! HAHAHEHEHEHEHE *internalized anger mode*"

"@Karolinaxoxo: Joke lang yun, Love. Peace! Crush kasi kita kaya I was just teasing you. HEHEHE!"

Napablush naman ako ng sobra super mega kasi si the almighty Edrian Kavanagh na yan!!!!! Sa sobring kilig ko hindi na ako nakapagreply and I suddenly fell asleep that night smiling as if there's no tomorrow. Although I knew he was a renowned Cassanova. I still fell for the trap. 

The next morning, I woke up earlier for school than expected so I stopped by and checked for my Facebook account. While scrolling for what's new in the morning for my Facebook friends. A new friend request appeared on my notifications and to my surprise, it was my knight and shining armour Edrian, without thinking twice I immediately accepted the friend request however it was quite odd because his friend list was only a few which I didn't really quite expect because he was famous in CDU. 

So I searched for his other account just to clarify if he actually has another account and yes he did however it was already a full account that had 5k friends and 64543 followers. It got me thinking maybe this account was his new account but then I thought maybe I was one of the selected few that he wanted to be friends with here on his new private Facebook account. So instead of digging more about the oddities of the friend request it just made me blush like a tomato again.

Whenever I have free time I would connect myself with my Facebook account and so when I opened it Ed commented on a few of my photos. He commented mean yet a little bit sweet stuff on my photos. Ed and I would also chat about random things. The guy was really quite a good laugh himself and he also knows how to keep a good conversation. He made me feel like we were actually close when in fact I never actually met him in real life. I just saw him from a distance and just like all of the normal girls on the campus while I was still in CDU, I would never expect him to actually talk to me. 

He had a lot of women tailing him, however, the most famous girl who would always be on Ed's side was Abigail Fernandez. Everybody knew how Ed was Abbie's "best friend"

I even heard rumours that they used to be lovers who turned into best friends with benefits because Ed couldn't handle a normal relationship while Abbie on the other hand couldn't let go of him because she was head over heels for Ed in 6 years of knowing each other. 

Although Ed was still a cassanova, he was still really close to Abigail, who is also an "IT girl of CDU" and also appears to be Ayako's best friend. Abbie was a Filipina however her family came from the old money Filipino family hence she has Spanish blood in her. She is beautiful, had a short black exquisite hair that only a few people could pull off, her skin is golden bronze and her cheeks were rosy as ever. Abigail is also known for being the most fashionista of all the"IT Girls in CDU". She was like the modern Pocahontas with a good physique however unlike Ayako, she wasn't that smart because she was supposed to be in Ayako's batch (Senior year in PT) already however she has failed a lot of times and was currently stuck as a Sophomore. 

Rumours have it, that she is actually smart however she was just actually making herself fail so that she and Ed would be together in college and that she could ask him to tutor her.

Somehow despite all of our conversations by means of Facebook, Twitter and IG, the Edrian Kavanagh, who was my new Facebook friend would still remind me of my first love Andy Burgoise. I know it's weird and I shouldn't be comparing them to each other. 

However the resemblance was uncanny yet familiar.