Chapter 1: Goodbye Cebu City

Ako si Karolina Angelie Obrero from Davao City, the Crown Jewel of Mindanao. My birthplace was in Cebu City, the Queen City of the South.

So hello Davao City, Goodbye Cebu City.

When we arrived in Davao City at the age of 18, I was homesick for a while because almost all of my life I have been living in Cebu City. I missed my friends. I missed my relatives and I missed everyone nonetheless I also missed Andy.

October already started and that marks up the beginning of the second semester of my freshmen year in college, I decided to shift from Medical Technology to Physical Therapy at San Pedro College. I was still a no-boyfriend since birth kind of girl, for short NBSB. I had no one in particular however despite of no emotional strings attached to a person of the opposite sex, I had a baby bro named Jian who was apparently two years younger than me, who happens to act as if he was my "Kuya" (older brother). Jian was always at my back and he would always protect me at all costs. Although my brother acts as if he was always mean towards me, especially in front of his friends, I know deep down inside that he is kind and that he loves me.

I was just a simple and average girl who happens to be adjusting to life in my new school. I was not the tallest of everyone therefore my height is also of the average. I had a fair complexion. I was physically fit because I swim and do yoga in my free time and yet I still had chubby cheeks by which Andy would always squeeze and thus tease me for it. I had brunette long wavy hair and brown eyes. People liked me for my personality because I was always bubbly and happy.

My family owns a shop named "The Obrero's", which used to be famous in the entire Philippines for selling genuine yet futuristic wooden furniture however because of a failed merger with an international company, our shop went bankrupt in Cebu City and that was the reason why we moved to Davao City because business was still good in this city.

I wasn't the smartest kid in the block either however I think I'm good enough to be in the medical field because I aspire to become a doctor someday.

I spent most of my spare time on the Internet. I love to post almost everything that is going on in my life on my Facebook, Twitter, IG and Tumblr by which all of these accounts I go by the username "@Karolinaxoxo".

Being an NBSB girl wasn't easy. My friends would tell me that I should date someone soon because they believe in the myth, that women would always find their true love at the ages of 17-30. I had a list of suitors back in Cebu City however none of them really intrigued me to the extent of me engaging myself in a relationship. Simply because I haven't moved on with my first love Andy Burgoise, who broke my heart into pieces. I will never ever forget my best friend, who was also my first heartbreak. 

Andy Burgoise is a German-Filipino. He is blonde, pale white-skinned, muscular, had green sparkly eyes and was quite tall because he was 6"1. He is two years older than me. He looks like your typical boy next door crush however would still remain as your best friend because you knew that his affection towards you is always going to be platonic. He is my childhood best friend back in Cebu City, we were inseparable back then yet constantly separated. Andy would always flee out of the country because of his parent's work travels hence his mom is German and his dad is Filipino.   

Andy's parents were in the hotel and tourism industry. His mother Emmeline Burgoise is the heiress to an internationally growing hotel empire called the "Burgoise Hotels". Meanwhile, his dad, Antonio García, is a rags-to-riches billionaire who now owns a famous airline and cruise ship company called "Ligaya Airlines". 

His parents never married due to Emmeline's parents never approving Antonio's background hence that's why Andy uses his mom's surname. 

Andy would always make sure that he makes time for me by means of Skype or Facetime even if it would be just for 5 minutes on his free time. Just like a typical "Kababata", he would always tell me what was going on with his life 24/7 and thus he would always send me gifts and letters even if he was in Germany. He knows everything about my life and vice versa.