Ch. 46 Tale of Hiding Dragon (3)

Start from the beginning

Yu Qing spent several days in the Shuiyun Tower, she also learned to talk like persuading a child if refer to Boss Shang.

Shang Xirui was so happy that his nostrils flared. He always felt that the eyebrows drawn by Yuan Xiaodi were the most beautiful. He hurriedly put on his basic makeup, afraid Yuan Xiaodi changed his mind, then he stretched his neck, waiting for Yuan Xiaodi to draw his eyebrows.

Seeing Shang Xirui's attitude, Yuan Xiaodi was slowly convinced that Shang Xirui did not pretend to ignore them so they would not be ashamed, but he really ignorant and simple.

He did not know how the gossip about Shang Xirui's love affair had come out. He couldn't help smiling and slowly calmed down and finished drawing Yu Qing's eyebrows.

Then Yuan Xiaodi refilled the ink and smiled at Shang Xirui, "Boss Shang, you've waited a long time. What do you want to have? Usually, the emperor's eyebrows must be upright in order to be full of authority."

Shang Xirui laughed, "This emperor doesn't need it. This emperor is a foolish emperor. Boss Yu plays as my concubine. You painted Du Liniang's eyebrows for Boss Yu. Then paint Liu Mengmei's eyebrows for me."

This sentence touched the hearts of Yuan Xiaodi and Yu Qing, their eyes met in an instant, then a second later split up.

*

Cheng Fengtai inspected a group of soldiers borrowed from his brother-in-law, they stood around the walls of the Opera House. The rifle's handle stands on the ground. The muzzle of the rifle looks cold and scary.

The audience might have guessed this was Commander Cao's soldiers. In this Beiping city, only Commander Cao had the most power. Wherever he goes, he is always escorted by a group of soldiers.

Commander Cao came to listen to Boss Shang's play. This still makes sense because they have a good relationship.

The audience below didn't know Commander Cao didn't come, but they did not dare look in the box upstairs, afraid to offend the Commander.

Before the show began, there was the sound of people chatting loudly downstair, this was why Cheng Fengtai preferred Western-style theater.

Cheng Fengtai walked over to a soldier, took his rifle, and opened the barrel to check the bullets. The soldiers knew that he was Commander Cao's brother-in-law, so he let Cheng Fengtai check it without moving.

The squad leader ran over to Cheng Fengtai and gave a military salute, whispering, "Second Master, rest assured, according to your instructions, there were no bullets in the weapon. If anyone makes trouble, we will just hit his waist and throw him out!"

Cheng Fengtai nodded, he returned the rifle to its owner and patted the shoulder of the squad leader, "Brothers have worked hard."

He took out two cigarettes from a gold-plated cigarette case, put one in his mouth, and handed the other to the squad leader. The attitude of the squad leader relaxed somewhat. He lit Cheng Fengtai's cigarette and then lit his own cigarette then smoked,

"We don't dare say it's hard work if it's for Second Master. When has Second Master ever treated us badly? You can rest assured, no one can cause trouble for Second Master! Whoever dares to do mischief today, he has eaten a leopard gallbladder so he dares to offend the Commander!"

Cheng Fengtai clicked his tongue, "You don't understand. People who watch opera can be foolish and easily provoked. This is Boss Shang's new play. If they don't like it, they will make a fuss!"

The squad leader looked at the stage and laughed a little, "You're right! Actually, there are some soldiers on the shift today who are also fans of Boss Shang. Before coming here, I told them, they came here to work not to cheer. Otherwise, they will lose their military prestige and return to barracks to be punished 10 sticks! Everyone still rushes to come here! I also get benefit from Second Master, because of guarding here, I don't need to buy tickets for Boss Shang's new play!"