Ch. 46 Tale of Hiding Dragon (3)

Chinese Opera Glossary:

Sheng: term for male characters.
Wu Sheng: a young male character who usually masters martial arts.
Dan: term for female characters.
Qingyi: young or middle-aged female character, usually elegant and calm.
Xiao Dan: the character of a lively young girl with a brave or funny personality.
Jiao'er: idol singer or star of the Peking Opera. Jiao is taken from the word "role" thus extended mean "the person who plays the role", means a (renowned) actor/actress.

***

The so-called separate protagonist dressing room is actually just a small, simple room with a window located on the side of the building, which cannot be compared to conditions in the Qingfeng Theater.

Shang Xirui and Xiao Lai laughed while pushing the door and walked in, when they lifted their eyes, they saw one hand of Yuan Xiaodi holding Yu Qing's chin and the other hand holding a brush. He stood up and painted Yu Qing's eyebrows, his face looked gentle and sad. Yu Qing looked up and closed her eyes, she was only wearing a white robe.

The four of them were stunned for a moment when Shang Xirui and Xiao Lai entered.

Xiao Lai helped Shang Xirui take care of the large Shuiyun Tower, she had heard many gossips about opera actors. She immediately closed the door, because there was no latch, she stood and held the door with her back. Just in case other people suddenly come in and create a useless commotion as if the two were naked and caught in the bed.

Yuan Xiaodi held the brush in his hand and continued to paint Yu Qing's eyebrows, which made him look shameless. But putting away his brush without reason will only make him look more guilty.

"... Boss Shang, how are you?"

Shang Xirui suddenly blushed, as if embarrassed to see this ambiguous scene of this man and woman. Yuan Xiaodi's face also turned red.

Xiao Lai wondered if she should open the door and find an excuse for Yuan Xiaodi to avoid gossip.

"Boss Yuan ..." Shang Xirui said shyly, "You came today, you didn't tell me in advance, otherwise, I would leave a good seat for you."

For the first time, with Cheng Fengtai's help, he used the pseudonym Tian Sanxin and ate with Yuan Xiaodi at the same table. In several meetings in the Liyuan Hall, he ran into Yuan Xiaodi and his true identity was revealed. Every time he met, he always felt a little guilty.

Actually, Shang Xirui was embarrassed for that reason. He did see Yuan Xiaodi throwing flattery at Yu Qing, but he did not think about the relationship between man and woman.

In Shang Xirui's heart, Yuan Xiaodi was not a more senior character than them. And those who are capable should be close to people who are also capable. Both he and Yu Qing is capable, the they should be able to make the endless play.

After seeing the brush in Yuan Xiaodi's hand, Shang Xirui looked at Yu Qing enviously.

Yu Qing has spent a lot of time with Shang Xirui lately, she understands Shang Xirui very well.

Shang Xirui is truly a very simple and transparent person. His heart was like glass, he saw everything straight. He is innocent and has never thought of a crooked road. Seeing from his expression, Yu Qing could guess what he was thinking.

So Yu Qing smiled generously, looked at Yuan Xiaodi, and nodded slightly, showing that he could continue to draw eyebrows and say,

"I heard that the eyebrows that Boss Yuan drew were very beautiful. Since Boss Yuan is already here, what about after drawing my eyebrows, Boss Yuan is drawing eyebrows for Boss Shang? Boss Shang rarely sings as a Sheng today, he plays as emperor."