Ch. 34 Meeting Yuan Xiaodi

Since then, Cheng Fengtai really kept his promise and came to Shang Xirui every day, paying respect by kneeling.

Cheng Fengtai would shout loudly when he saw Shang Xirui, "Boss Shang, good luck!"

Shang Xirui nodded and smiled solemnly, "Second Master, stand up!"

Day after day, they are not tired of saying these two words.

Xiao Lai and Lao Ge have become accustomed to their silly behavior.

Sometimes, if Cheng Fengtai arrives late, Shang Xirui will feel upset.

Cheng Fengtai now keeps all the snacks he eats with black tea at Shang Xirui's place. When he comes, he will drink tea and eat snacks like at home. Shang Xirui's house became like a hotel for him.

At first, when Shang Xirui saw fragrant cakes and crispy egg rolls brought by Cheng Fengtai, he reached for them with delight. But after one bite, he didn't want anymore. Shang Xirui likes sweet foods while Cheng Fengtai does not, so all his snacks are salty.

Cheng Fengtai added milk and white sugar to his black tea, he likes to drink milk tea in the English style. Shang Xirui really liked Cheng Fengtai tea.

Cheng Fengtai's breakfast hour, the same as Shang Xirui's lunch hour, they often eat together.

Shang Xirui has to eat meat, but, the way Xiao Lai cooks like a Northern, sometimes the taste is too heavy and there are food ingredients such as vermicelli and scallion in her cooking.

Cheng Fengtai was not used to such cooking, so he would put his chopsticks on his bowl and say, "Come on! Boss Shang! We go to eat outside! How about eating roast duck today?" His hands around Shang Xirui's shoulder and they left the dining table.

In the past, when there was no Cheng Fengtai, Xiao Lai and Shang Xirui often ate together. Since Cheng Fengtai came, Xiao Lai always ate alone in the kitchen. Xiaolai hated him even more for such small things, she pouted every time she saw Cheng Fengtai coming.

Not long after, Shang Xirui could feel Xiao Lai's dislike. When Cheng Fengtai asked him to go out to eat, Shang Xirui whispered, "This dish is very good, I just eat this, I'm lazy to go out."

Cheng Fengtai, who knew Shang Xirui was greedy for food, looked at him suspiciously. There's no way Shang Xirui refused to eat at the restaurant.

"We always eat out, Xiao Lai is must be unhappy. She is already unhappy!" Shang Xirui said.

Cheng Fengtai also didn't want to make Xiao Lai angry, after that, he would eat a little casually.

However, because Xiao Lai was basically already unhappy, when she saw him, she thought - Isn't my cooking bad? Why is it still eaten! Don't you have money to eat at a restaurant?

Another time, Cheng Fengtai bought Xiao Lai a gift as a thank you for her cooking. She never took it even once, only looked down and walked away, she didn't care Cheng Fengtai called behind him.

Cheng Fengtai put a set of Xie Fuchun's¹ rouge gouache on the front door of her room, thinking it would make her happy, wouldn't every girl like makeup?

One month later, it was still there. Xiao Lai was very determined to be hostile Cheng Fengtai.

*

Because of the playbook that he got from Ning Jiulang on An Wang Lao Fujin's birthday banquet. Shang Xirui became connected again with his love for Kunqu.

Since that day, Kunqu has never left his mouth. He spent a lot of energy and performed the "Peony Pavilion" and "Romance of the Western Chamber" over the last few days, contrary to trends in the world of opera.