7

An: Would any of you be interested in some more Yuki art? I promise my art has gotten a little better since april jdksndixn-
I wanna practice his design and fix it up a bit 👀 maybe some expressions? Ask and I shall fulfill- (ie: flustered, angry, laughing, etc) Also, I apologize for the extremely late update, I need to get better at these >,<

I opened my eyes groggily, feeling the sunlight bathe my face in unwanted warmth. I brought my arm over my face as some of the other children began to wake as well. I hadn't gotten much sleep last night. The information the note held swirled in my mind. The image of Conny plagued my mind. Every single new piece of information I had acquired last night made my brain run marathons.

I sat up in my bed, trying my best to rub the sleep from my eyes. I glanced to the bed next to mine; Emma wasn't there. She probably didn't get much sleep either. I pulled the covers off of my body and began my daily routine of getting ready.

I didn't dare close my eyes for too long. The image of Conny continuously haunted me; I just couldn't get her out of my head. I grimaced a bit, it was a horrible feeling. Though, I made sure to get rid of the grimace quickly. Norman warned us last night to act like usual. We couldn't let Momma know what was up.

A small smile, even if a little force, danced its way onto my lips as a few kids ran past me. I swear, I could almost hear Conny's voice say, "Can you help me with my hair, (n/n)?"

I sighed a bit, tying the last lace on my boots before standing straight up again. I began to head towards the cafeteria, letting my eyes wander a little. Suddenly, I felt a body collide with mine. I stumbled back a bit, my gaze meeting blue eyes.

"Ah, (y/n)! Sorry about that."

I smiled a bit while waving it off, "don't, it was my fault."

I gave his shoulder a small pat... of reassurance? I'm honestly not quite sure, but I did. I then passed him by, walking into the next room. I could hear the soft tap of his footsteps mimicking my actions.

I saw Mark place the final plate down before scurrying back to Momma. She smiled sweetly at him, running her fingers through his hair gently. He let out a small giggle.

"Thank you, Mark."

I gulped, feeling the same feeling of dread fill my stomach again. I was scared, but this time the fear was directed towards Momma. I cleared my throat to try and shoo away the feeling as I took a seat at my chair. How could she act like she didn't just sell someone off to the demons the night prior?

I heard Norman greet Emma with a small, "good morning!" She was quick to return the greeting as they both made their ways to their usual spots. I stared down at my plate, as I usually did. My mind was filled with thoughts and it was honestly getting quite annoying.

I felt a gentle hand being placed on my shoulder, snapping me out of my trance. I turned to meet Yuki's gaze, "Yuki....?"

He gave a smile. Though, this smile was much different from the usual one. It wasn't teasing nor playful, it was gentle, understanding even. It was the smile you gave to a child who was crying about a monster living in their closet. His eyes seemed considerably softer. I never thought he could make such an expression.

"How'd you sleep last night?"

I blinked, quickly getting back in character, " same old, same old. Could've gone better but it was enough...."

Yuki pursed his lips slightly as he narrowed his eyes, giving a slight nod while my words registered in his brain. He began to open his mouth, "(Y/-"