Prologue

The bright moon shone outside. The trees swayed and the crickets sang.
But nothing was shining inside the Star house. It was dark and quiet. Which was unusual for the eccentric and outgoing family. All of the lights were off and the usual giggling of little Jade was replaced with her desperate sobs.

She gazed upon her parent's lifeless bodies from the bottom of the stairs in their huge house. It felt too empty now, without her mother's soothing voice and her father's booming laughter.

The girl's mother's beautiful red, curly hair was weak and colorless. Her empty hazel eyes stared at Jade in a way that made her weep harder. Her father also lay beside her, his light brown hair was damp and looked shades darker than when he was alive. His eyes, however, were closed.

Their clothes were soaked in blood. Their blood all pooled into one. It was impossible to tell if the blood was both of theirs or just one parent's. Jade dropped to the floor with cries of pleas and lights came on in her neighbors homes.

As she sat there, covered in her beloved parent's blood, the 13 year old girl vowed to herself. No matter what it takes, she will find who did this. She will avenge their deaths even if the cost was her life. She will find who did this and kill them.
She reached forward and clutched her mother's hands, only looking up when a figure walked in. He looks at Jade and then her parents. His face slightly pales and he holds his hand out.

"I'm John." He says, soothingly. Jade, desperate for any sort of parental contact, accepts his hand and throws herself at him. He holds her as she falls deeper and deeper into her grief. He carried her out to a car and placed her in the backseat.

"I won't hurt you." He promised. For some reason, Jade believed him. She hugged herself and watched as John walked to the front seat and turned the car on. They sped ahead, leaving behind only the sirens, her dead parents, and her life.

———————————————————————————
....so I finally DID IT! I'm so excited for this book. Keep a lookout for my Sam Winchester book! I also have a couple other books so feel free to check them out. I love you readers. You're the reason this book happened!