Chapter 3

'BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!'

I woke up finding myself on the floor right next to my bed. I must have just fallen off by accident. I stared at my alarm clock in despair, as it rung in my ears. I eventually became fully awake and I turned off my alarm. I looked at the clock:

5:01 AM.

I had an hour before I had to leave for my school tour. I remembered before going to bed that I laid out an outfit, and now finding it on the floor since I fell off my bed and my covers were off too. Frustrated, I picked up my top and fluffed it out a little. What I am wearing to school is a white buttoned-up ribbed tee (basically looks like a slightly cropped cute top), and yellow and white checkered shorts that were long, silky, and comfortable. I also wore some cute white sandals (all are from Shein). I asked Jennie yesterday if the school dress code was strict and she said no, however, don't wear any pajamas, soft slippers, anything TOO  revealing, super short shorts, or skirt. My top wasn't that revealing; it only showed a little skin but good enough to wear to school. I rushed downstairs to have my breakfast before leaving. 

5:10 AM.

Since I didn't want to waste any of my precious time getting ready, I made a quick breakfast. This is the recipe:

12 strawberries

8 roasted, unsalted almonds

4 Castelvetrano olives

1 large hard-cooked egg, halves

3/4 ounce aged Gruyere or aged cheddar cheese, sliced

It looks like a little lunch tray, but for breakfast. I gobbled it all up just before my Mom sat down. 

"Y/N, where are you going? You already made yourself breakfast?" My mom says in shock as she sits down. 

"Yeah, sorry. I have to get ready as quickly as possible,"  

"Did you at least take your time eating your breakfast and not eating it as quickly as possible?" 

"Yes Mom, I did," I mumbled as I left my plate on the counter and rushed up to the upstairs bathroom to get ready. 

5:30 AM.

I brushed my teeth and washed my face before I put some natural makeup on. I only added a little concealer, so that my freckles would still be shown on my face. I fixed my eyebrows a little bit with an eyebrow brush, following through with mascara on only my top lashes, blended in some natural eyeshadow (skin tone color but a shade slightly darker), lip gloss, and a little blush that brushed against the bridge of my nose and on the surface of my cheeks. I brushed my long, black wavy hair until my bed head turned into nicely brushed hair. I popped some mint gum into my mouth, ran back downstairs to grab my school book bag with my lunch, and ran out the door without saying goodbye. 

5:45 AM.

As I strolled through the neighborhood, I took the time to be in the present moment and smell the fresh air. There were a few clouds in the royal blue sky. I heard a few birds chirping in the distance, as well as the sound of cars when they passed by me. I walked on the sidewalk with my head high. I told myself that this is your time to shine and become a better person than you were before and to make your old friends, your Mom, and your deceased Dad proud. I arrived at the bus stop and saw Jennie and a boy. 

"Y/N! I'm so glad you're here!" Jennie exclaimed as I arrived at the bus stop. Jennie had some makeup on too, but it was a little less natural than mine. Her black hair was braided. She wore a white off the shoulder dress that was printed with hydrangea flowers (little blue flowers) printed all around the dress.  I turned to the boy and gave him a little smile. His little freckles made me blush just a little, but it didn't mean anything. He had short blonde hair. He smiled back and leaned forward to shake my hand.