Pancakes (Husband Levi x Princess Reader)

Start from the beginning

"What is that?" you asked, peeking over his shoulder with wide eyes.

"Tch. Haven't your fancy palace chefs ever made pancakes?"

"No," you muttered, getting another whiff of that amazing smell.

Levi rolled his eyes, then went to grab a bag out of the pantry.

You stood awkwardly in the middle of the kitchen, watching him as he worked. "What are those?" you asked.

"Chocolate chips," Levi replied flatly as he scattered a handful of them into the frying pan.

You gasped in delight. "Pancakes have chocolate in them?"

Levi shook his head, but a smile played at his lips. "Sometimes, yes. For you, definitely."

"You know me so well, Levi," you giggled.

You continued to watch Levi as he finished cooking. Then the two of you sat down at the table, each with your own stack of pancakes. Levi's were plain, while yours were swimming in chocolate chips.

"Here," Levi grumbled, handing you a tiny porcelain creamer full of brown liquid.

"What's this?" you asked.

"Tch. It's syrup. Put it on your pancakes."

You did as Levi instructed, then handed the syrup back to him. When he set it aside without using it, you mumbled, "Don't you want some?"

"No. It's too sweet for me."

You nodded before turning to your pancakes. You laid your napkin on your lap and picked up your fork, but you weren't quite sure how to eat this new food. You discreetly glanced at Levi to see how it was done. Then you cut off a piece and took a tentative bite.

Your eyes widened as the heavenly taste filled your mouth. "Wow, Levi!" you gasped in awe. "These are amazing!" Forgetting your manners, you began shoveling pancakes into your mouth as fast as you could.

Levi chuckled at your cuteness. "I'm glad you like them, brat."

After breakfast, the two of you spent the day relaxing and doing...other things. When night came, you once again fell asleep in Levi's arms.

The next morning, you managed to wake yourself up before Levi. You silently slipped out of bed and into a robe before creeping out to the kitchen. You wanted to surprise Levi by making breakfast. Although you had never actually cooked before, you had watched Levi yesterday, and it didn't seem so hard.

Levi awoke to the smell of something burning. He pulled on his pants as he hurried into the kitchen, only to find you panicking in front of a smoking stove.

"Levi!" you gasped when you saw him. "I don't know what happened! I was just...and then it just..." You made a few nervous gestures with your hands as you tried to explain what had occurred.

Levi rushed past you to pull the frying pan off the burner. He set it aside, turned off the stove, and then hastily opened a few windows.

You stayed in the same spot with your arms wrapped around yourself, watching as he cleaned up your mess.

"Are you alright?" Levi asked you calmly.

You nodded. "I'm sorry," you mumbled. "I wanted to cook you breakfast, and you made it look so easy yesterday, so I thought..."

Levi sighed, then pulled you into his arms. "It's fine, brat. Don't worry about it." He rubbed soothing circles on your back, trying to reassure you. "I'll make breakfast."

You nodded weakly, feeling ashamed that you ruined something so simple. With nothing else to do, you shuffled back to the bedroom and got dressed. By the time you were done, Levi was already piling pancakes on a plate for you.

The glorious taste of Levi's chocolate chip pancakes managed to lift your spirits. Once breakfast was done, the two of you decided to go for a walk. It was a bit windy, so you wanted to put your hair up before venturing outside.

You brushed your hair until it was completely smooth, but no matter how hard you tried, you couldn't get it to form into a sleek ponytail. Every attempt ended in a weird bulge somewhere on your head.

You set the brush down and growled in frustration, glaring at your hair in the mirror.

Seeing your distress, Levi grumbled, "Tch. Sit down on the bed, brat. I'll fix your hair for you."

Your gaze fell to the floor. After a moment, you perched on the edge of the mattress. You barely registered the gentleness of Levi's fingers as he worked. You were too lost in your own thoughts.

When he was done, Levi told you to go look in the mirror. Your reflection revealed a simple but beautiful ponytail, and not a hair out of place.

You glanced away, unable to look anymore.

Levi watched you from the doorway. "If you don't like it, I can do something else," he muttered.

You shook your head. "No," you whispered shakily. "It's perfect."

Levi slid between you and the sink. He gently took your chin in his hand, tilting your head up even though your eyes wouldn't leave the floor. "Then why do you look like that?" he asked softly.

"Because I'm useless," you replied, your voice barely audible. "I can't do anything for myself. I can't cook. I can't even do my own hair –"

"Stop it," Levi demanded. "You're not useless."

"But I –" you began.

"No," he insisted, cutting you off. "Stop talking. So what if you can't cook or fix your hair? That's not your job. People do those things for you so that you can focus on becoming a great queen someday. That's your job, (f/n), and you're phenomenal at it. You're smart, and poised, and well-spoken. You know your people, and you genuinely care about them. So don't think that you're useless, because you're not. You're perfect."

You blinked, then glanced up at him. "You really think so?" you asked hesitantly.

"Tch. Would I have married you if I didn't believe every word I just said?" Levi muttered. Even though his voice was rough, his eyes were soft as they met your own.

The corner of your mouth twitched upward. "I guess not."

Levi looked unimpressed. "You guess?"

He sighed, and before you could blink, he had picked you up and tossed you on the bed.

Surprised, you gasped, "W-what are you doing?"

"Isn't it obvious, brat?" he asked with a blank expression as he climbed on top of you. He leaned down, his lips barely brushing yours as he whispered huskily, "I'm going to show you exactly how perfect I think you are."

By the time Levi was done worshipping you, you truly believed every word he said.

And the next morning, he taught you how to make chocolate chip pancakes.