Chapter 15

Earth date: 08/25/11, 10:38

I was in the park.

"Mr. Cole, I'm here! What do I do?"

"Take this." A light flashed behind me, and my shield was on my back. "The others are incoming."

There were several flashes of light, and then a deeper version of Frazz's voice said, "Incoming already came."

"Alright," Mr. Cole said. "Joey, Frazz, I need you two to team up. Frazz, you blind the Vlolmeeth and Joey, you get the collar on him."

"What about the rest of us?" Margaret asked. 

"Crowd control. Get people away from the Vlolmeeth and keep them there."

"Got it."

We split. 

As Frazz and I advanced on the Vlolmeeth, I could feel eyes on me. "Are those Power Rangers?" someone said.

"We're not Power Rangers!" Frazz replied.

"Those are Power Rangers!"

"We're not--"

"Dude, psycho lightning alien. We can pick a name later."

Frazz looked my way, then glowed with green energy and went airborne. He flew right into the Vlolmeeth's face. The brightness of his green light intensified. The Vlolmeeth's lightning blast cut off, and it staggered back, covering its eyes. I sprinted towards the Vlolmeeth, opening the collar. I reached the Vlolmeeth and leaped, aimed for its neck.

A hand smacked into my chest. I flew sideways, the collar falling from my hand. I landed on a car, the alarm going off as the windshield shattered from the impact. The Vlolmeeth grabbed Frazz by the leg and hurled him at me. I rolled over, and there was a sound like a gong being hit as Frazz made contact with the shield on my back.

"Owwwww," Frazz groaned as he rolled off of me.

The Vlolmeeth advanced on the sound of the car alarm, charging up another electrical attack. Kristi ran between us, putting her two guns together to form the carbine mode. She aimed at the Vlolmeeth's eyes and fired. The Vlolmeeth groaned and booted Kristi like a football. She sailed past us, bouncing down the street.

Frazz stood up. "Oh no, you didn't!" he said. He blazed with energy and blasted off. That got the Vlolmeeth's attention.

So did the hammer that hit the Vlolmeeth in the face. It bounced off its face and floated in the air. The Vlolmeeth grabbed at it, but the hammer flew backwards. It returned to the hand of a running Jay. The Vlolmeeth charged at Jay. Jay drew the hammer back. He swung up, catching the Vlolmeeth in the chin. The alien sailed through the air, flying over the street, over a line of cars, and coming down hard on a tree, which toppled with a snap under the Vlolmeeth's weight. The Vlolmeeth rolled over and seized the broken tree. It hurled the plant Jay's way. Jay swung the hammer again, and the tree shattered in two. He leaped in the air and threw the hammer. It struck the Vlolmeeth in the shoulder, knocking it off-balance. Jay called it back to his hand as he came down, and swung at the Vlolmeeth as he landed. He missed, and the Vlolmeeth threw a punch. Jay deflected with an arm and hit the Vlolmeeth in the face with his hammer. He dodged another punch and got the Vlolmeeth in the chest with a thrust of the hammer. 

The Vlolmeeth roared. It grabbed another tree and uprooted it with the ease of a person pulling a weed. He swung it at Jay. The tree connected, and Jay slammed into a storefront and disappeared into the building in a shower of glass and a cloud of dust. The Vlolmeeth moved to continue the fight.