"No, I am not saying we abandon it once it is born," I defend. "We should make a deal with the elves. We make a deal in which Keva and her kin will take our child in from it's birth, but we are allowed to stay with the elves for more time than they would originally give us. We could stay there for at least a few years and watch our child grow before we have to leave for our safety and our child's." 

"We would never see our child grow up."

"We would always be able to stop by every couple of years I bet," I point out, "The elves would not just close their doors to us, for they could offer us shelter for some periods of time while our child grows up." Zion is silent as I know what I am saying is only hurting him. "We could see our child grow up from afar, but still be there to watch the important moments. Still stop by to play with them..."

Zion walks away from the room, leaving me along to the warmth of the fireplace as I place my head in my hands, a silent sob escaping my mouth. I cover my mouth as my sobs become louder, tears streaming down my face. He acts as if I am not effected by the thought of giving our child to the elves. I know he has every right to be angry at the thought of not raising our child ourselves, but he has to realize we cannot protect our child and give it a happy childhood. It would be selfish to keep our child with us as we forever cover our footsteps. 

My sobs fill the room, tears running down my face as I try to wipe them away, knowing Penelope will be here soon and I need to be collected. I have become vulnerable before Zion since we last saw Penelope, laying in his bed at night after we spent much of the night tangled up in the sheets. Gazing down to my engagement ring, I twirl the ring around my finger, trying to pull myself together as I take in deep breaths. 

A knock at the front door pulls me away from the couch and wiping away the last stray tears as I know Penelope will be able to sense the tension between Zion and myself. She doesn't need to see my red and puffy eyes to understand we have been arguing, for she saw much of that in my past life.  

"Sybil," Penelope greets as she enters into the house, her auburn hair shining like fire in the sunlight. Walking right into the kitchen, Penelope sits at the kitchen table as she waits for me to take a seat across from here. "Where is Zion?" I look over to the hallway, wondering if he will collect himself and come to join us. "I guess it was that bad of a fight."

I nod, pushing my hair back as I take in a deep breath. 

"You know, angry sex is a great solution," Penelope points out, making my cheeks turn pink. "Anyway, I'll wait for your lover since both of you need this information. Now, tell me what happened that has made you two so tense." 

I've always been able to trust Penelope, knowing that behind the fierce and feisty personality she displays first for people to meet her with, she is a sweet individual behind all of that. Being an Alpha hardened her up, not for worse, for it has made her a strong leader. 

I explain the issue of what will happen to our child and how we intend to keep the promise we made to Keva all those years ago. 

"Makes sense for him to be mad," Penelope comments, leaning back in her chair as she purses her lips together. "But what you have proposed is a decision which would better your child and offer them a real childhood." 

I nod, knowing she is about to lay out some hard truth. "But you need to understand that just because you say you will try and see your child every couple of years for a month or so does not mean you will be there to experience important moments in their life. You will not witness their first steps or even word perhaps. You will not be there for their first girlfriend or boyfriend, for when they accomplish goals, for when they do things which they are proud of. You will not really be a parent to your child."