"I went against the ancient teachings," Zion explains, wrapping an arm around my waist as he pulls me closer, "and any king who goes against the ancient teachings is seen unfit to rule. I brought you back from the dead and the kingdom could never accept that. Besides, I would rather have you by my side than advisors." 

His words are sweet, making me believe in a bright future with Zion. Turning me to face him, I bury my face in his neck, wrapping my arms around his shoulders as I hold him close, wanting to save the moments I have with him as the days continue. "After the battle is fought, no matter who wins, I have my private jet waiting by just a few hours away from the palace." Looking up to him, I raise an eyebrow. "We cannot stay here no matter who wins." I want to argue his point, for if we win, perhaps we could stay longer, but I know he is right. A risk we are taking of fighting is work getting out to predators of my existence. "Sybil?" I await his next words as I can sense the sadness in his voice. "If I am to fall in the fight, you are to run to the jet the moment it happens, running from the field and towards the airstrip." 

"I-" I am lost in my words as I cannot imagine watching Zion perish and not being able to mourn him, but having to get out of there right away. 

"Keva will be on the jet. The jet is to land close to her realm as that is where we will take shelter once more." 

"I do not want to just abandon you if you die."

"I am not saying I will, I am just preparing you," Zion whispers, pressing his forehead against mine as I shake my head softly. 

Pulling away from his embrace, I try and take in a few deep breaths. I know there is a chance of one or both of us perishing, but I did not expect for Zion to have a plan, but he is right for having one. "I cannot go on living in a world without you," I whisper, my voice breaking as I run a hand through my hair. "You are the only one I can be with, the only one who can keep me safe in this world. Keva's people will only let me stay so long, Penelope cannot allow me to stay within her pack...I-I do not want a world without you." 

"I do not want a world without you either, but we both decided to fight in this war," Zion points out, grounding me back to reality as I know that we decided to do this, we have to know what the consequences could be. "Countless men and women will be on that battlefield unsure if they will return home to their loved ones too, Sybil. We will be taking those same risks." 

The two of us head into the living room, facing the fireplace as the minutes seem to tick by so fast. "And if we both go with Keva," I pause, looking up to his golden eyes as I am nervous with what I am to say, "we have promised her kin a child to be raised by them after our child is so many years old. Could we really take a child with us around the world to protect? Moving constantly with this child as they never are able to make friend, have a home?" I know what I am getting at, for it hurts me to ask this and point it out, but I know I am right. I know that if we have our child and take it with us as we constantly have to move around, that our child will never really have that childhood. 

"We do not have to think of that yet."

"We need to," I state, my voice stern as I straighten my posture and look Zion dead in the eye. "Our child would never develop social skills, never have friends, never really learn how to be a child if they currently have to move around...Keva's kin will take in our child when they have already developed into someone who never had a childhood."

"What are you suggesting we do?" Zion asks, the tension rising in the air as I take in a deep breath.

I know what I will say next will hurt him. "If we have a child, we should give it to Keva and her people once it is born."

"I am not going to just throw my child into the arms of the elves without knowing it or holding it," Zion snaps, rising to his feet as he is disgusted by my suggestion.