Chapter 1

First of all, thank you so much for choosing to read my story. This is my first original story and I hope it goes well. Secondly, I'm usually as nice as a bunny but if anyone tries to steal my story I'll bring Thor's hammer down on you. Enjoy!

Our world isn't normal.
It lost the supposed "normal" feeling our ancestors had a long time ago.
As of  a century ago earth went through something....the history books could only describe as truly horrifying. It started with a plan the World Council had to bioengineer stronger, smarter, more.... obedient soldiers.
Those that wouldn't oppose them and would kill without questions.

It was labelled PROJECT ARES.
Their little project was going smoothly. Smoothly, while taking the lives of over a 100 million people. The test subjects were prisoners on death row. They ran out of those quickly and moved onto the prisoners with life sentences.

Every country was required to provide suitable test subjects.
The project was supported by many influential people, billionaires, politicians, celebrities.

They kept the project well hidden for decades. That was until, the project required civilians. People began to notice and riots, law suits and protests started popping up everywhere.

They all had one question "What the fuck was going on?".

The world council thought they could throw them off by causing rumours of serial killers. To many to count, nobody bought that. As they fought for answers, ARES was providing.... fruitful results.

The blunder that was responsible for revealing ARES to the public was devastating. A subject run mad by the experiments had escaped. She was a failure. She one of the facilities in Iceland and boom! Everyone had their answers.

She had been one of the missing people. She seemed normal enough. She was put in a mental institute. Where they noticed something off about her.

Her eyes were the brightest shade of gold and she was apparently a living x-ray machine. Nobody knew she was saint to all the others locked up. She had lost her memory and couldn't remember anything during the experiments.

Another mystery demystified was that the supernatural world existed and the fact that the world council had a treaty with them. They had broken the treaty trying the experiment on them. Vampires, freaking werewolves, faeries, so many things we only believed existed in fairy tales.

The experiments were lethal to humans, but to supernaturals it went just as planned. The humans reacted.... Negatively to the experiments.

I guess we now know that lady wasn't human.

Humans transformed into monsters and of course they weren't obedient. They were primal beings, so to say . To describe most of them, they were hunched over, inhumanely tall, razor sharp claws and muscles too much for their bodies to keep up with.

Not to talk about a mouth full of razor sharp fangs. Supernaturals on the other hand reacted positively. The changes they had were their eyes, multicolored or heterochromatic or sometimes it's just really weird colours.

Their defect though, was that they weren't the obedient soldiers they had hoped for.

The human, classified as Jotun were able to outsmart the scientists making them believe they were obedient creatures. That was something terrifying about the Jotun. They were highly intelligent, smarter than their makers.

They outsmarted them and broke out of their prisons. Massacring all the staff in the facilities. They had a truce with the supernaturals, classified as TITANS. They decided to maintain peace.