Chapter 1

General POV:

It had been 3 days. 3 days since Kiara, Pope and JJ had received the worst news possible: John B and Sarah were lost at sea. You could say that they were all still very much in denial. They didn't want to believe it. They didn't want to have forever lost their best friends. Even though all of them were still very much in denial, hearing everyone else talk about them as if they were dead, made the pain much, much worse. The night that Shoupe told them they were missing was the single worst night of their lives.

Kiara went home that night with her parents, as the three of them sat in the car, none of them could say anything. Mrs. Carrera kept looking back at Kiara, not knowing what to say. Kiara sat in the back of the car, sobbing the whole way home. When they arrived at her house, she ran straight to her room, shut the door behind her, and sat on her bed. She cried and sobbed into her pillow for what felt like 10 years. She didn't want to do anything, or talk to anyone. She stayed in her bed like that for 3 whole days. She barely ate and didn't sleep. Every time she fell asleep, she woke up 5 minutes later because of her recurring nightmare. The same nightmare over and over, Shoupe telling them John B and Sarah were missing.

She hadn't talked to Pope or JJ since the news. She wanted to talk to them, but she couldn't bring herself to do anything but sit in her bed and cry into her pillow. She knew Pope would want to talk to her soon, but she didn't care. She wanted to talk to JJ. She knew how much pain he would be in. John B was his best friend since the 3rd grade, she knew John B was like JJ's brother. She tried to call him once, but it went straight to voicemail. She knew he was probably wasted somewhere dealing with this all in his own way.

She knew it was time to do something other than to drown in her own pain and see how the other pogues were doing.

The Pogues

Kiara: Hey guys, do you guys want to meet up?

Pope: Yes. Tomorrow? At the chateau?

Kiara: Okay.

They were both still waiting for JJ's response, but they both knew the chances that he would respond would be small.

He was probably off somewhere drinking.

Kiara was worried he went back home, and that he had to face his dad. She couldn't imagine what he would do to him, because he stole and lost the Phantom. Every time she thought about it it filled her stomach with the worst pain, like she was going to throw up. She had no idea what it was.

Probably just because they are such good friends, or at least before the whole treasure hunt. She was excited for tomorrow, but at the same time she was dreading it. 

This is the first chapter of a Jiara story. It will probably be a slow burn though.