Proletariat Part 3 (Willne)

Start from the beginning

I looked down, slightly embarrassed. He lifted my chin and stroked underneath it. I smiled at him for a second, getting lost in his eyes a little. His beautiful green eyes. Snapping out of it, we went round about 4 times before we both mutually decided it was time for a break. We once again, sat on the ball room floor.

"Where did you learn how to Waltz?"

Will asked out of the blue. I find it difficult to tell this story. The only person who knows the full story, is Mrs Lenney. Telling Will would be something that I thought I would never do. Last week, I was complaining about him. Now? We were sat on the ballroom floor, discussing my dance skills.

"My mum taught me how to do it"

"Do you still dance with her?"

I froze. Do I tell him the truth, or do I lie? I mean, what is he going to do if I tell him? So, may as well.

"No I uh, I stopped dancing with her, after she passed away"

Will looked at me sympathetically. Not realising the reason I no longer dance.

"Oh, I'm sorry Penny"

"She started teaching me the Waltz, when I was 9. She told me she met my father dancing the Waltz. He died before I was born"

Will smiled at me as I talked.

"My mother was a maid in the downstairs kitchen, and my dad worked in the garden. He came into the kitchen one day, to give them the fruits and vegetables he'd just picked, instead he found my mothers dancing"

We both chuckled as I told my parents story.

"My mum said she thought he would run for the hills, but instead, he joined in with her. And things progressed from there I guess"

"That's nice, my parents were made to marry each other. How did your mum die? If you don't mind me asking"

I paused for a second. I've never gotten over this.

"Me and mum were dancing in the kitchen. She thought it would be nice to pick me up and spin me around. So she did, but her back wasn't strong enough I guess"

My eyes started prickling with tears.

"Her back gave way and about 4 weeks after that, she was bed bound"

The tears were now openly falling. However, I was comforted by a hand resting on the back of mine. I looked up and saw Will, smiling me sweetly and nodding, telling me it was okay to carry on.

"She seemed like she wasn't getting better, then eventually, she got weaker and weaker until she just left"

Will looked at me with a look of peace. Something I've never seen from him. He held onto my hands, pulling us up slowly. He then connected us in a tight embrace. His arms wrapped around my waist. My arms going underneath his arms.

 My arms going underneath his arms