1. Dark, Stormy Night.

A/N = authors note
Are prefaced by this A/N, and are always in bold.

Y/N = your name.

L/N = last name.

Y/F/C = your favorite color.

E/C = your eye color.

H/C = your hair color.

H/L = your hair length.

If it is in italic, it means that it is a thought, a memory, or occasionally a dream. Use context and common sense to figure out which it is.

"Spoken words."

Important words.

"Projected words."

"YELLED WORDS."

I shall write in anything else you need to know, as it comes along.

Until next time I'll see you on the other side

~J. C. Coltt.~

. . .

Once upon a time, in the tiny mountainous kingdom of Vascini there lived a beautiful maiden by the name of Y/N. It was not just her physical beauty that set her apart from the rest, but those who knew her came to realize that she had a heart of gold. Over time it would become the greatest ambition of the most powerful man in the country to possess her heart of gold as his own, but this story began before he even knew that she existed.

On a warm day in late spring on which this story began, Y/N could be found chopping wood outside, in the overgrown backyard of her family's neglected manor house. She wiped a bead of sweat from her forehead as she finished chopping the last of the wood.

The H/C girl scooped the firewood into the apron she had tied over her shabby beige dress and carried it back into the kitchen with her. With its windows that overlooked the back garden and the henhouse behind the manor, and the cheerful fireplace the kitchen was easily the most inviting room to Y/N.

As Y/N set to work preparing lunch for the other members of her family, she couldn't help but think about the time when she was treated like family by someone. Her mother had died in childbirth, and her father never showed a hint of affection for his daughter.

The only person who showed Y/N any love was her grandmother. The kind old lady had protected Y/N form the wrath of her father, and taught Y/N to be a kind and generous person, saying that those virtues would reap their own rewards.

Y/N had been broken by grief when her grandmother died, after that, there was no one there to protect her from her cruel family. The last words her grandmother spoke to her were simple, "no matter what, don't lose your kindness Y/N, rocky soil yields the most beautiful and resilient flowers after all."

The old woman gave her granddaughter a dainty bracelet with a single butterfly on it made of pure gold. "I want you to keep this bracelet Y/N. It is thanks to it that I found true love, take good care of it and I am sure that it will bring you true love as well."

Y/N felt so alone after her grandmother died, even though the manor was full of other members of the family. Y/N's father had remarried shortly after the death of his Y/N's mother. His new wife was a wealthy widow by the name of Lorona who had two daughters around Y/N's age named Clorinda and Tisba.